“September 12”
Review of Hotel Londra

Hotel Londra
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm not sure if the previous two reviewers stayed at the same Hotel Londra !

Our experience was that it was a perfectly functional hotel - from the time of arrival we were made to feel we were welcomed and valued; not sure that we could fault the staff at any level.

The food was always more than adequate both in terms of quality and quantity.

If we had to make a criticism it has to be the size of the shower; far too small but already recognised by the hotel and a planned improvement for the not too distant future.

All in all the Hotel Londra represented good value for money.

Room Tip: Although small it is helpful to request a room wih a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LichfieldSteve

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just come back from 11 nights at the Londra Hotel. Having read the mixed reviews we were a bit apprehensive about our visit, with good reason as it turned out. Our first impression of the reception area was that it was soulless and miserable. We arrived there after the evening meal had finished and were given a plate of unidentifiable cold meat, congealed cold chips, cold meatballs, cold courgettes (in fact everything was cold and dried up), also there was a basket of stale bread, we had to ask for butter to make it remotely edible, a plate of salad would have been much more appreciated. . After that we found the food to be OK but not very exciting and the dining room was gloomy and had no atmosphere. The one saving grace was that the bedroom and bathroom was spacious and very clean but had a connecting door with the adjacent room and the two balconies were divided only by a railing, no privacy at all, we could hear the people next door talking. If you want to be able to just walk up the road and find a supermarket or bar then you will be disappointed as it is quite a walk, especially in the heat. Sorrento is a good 1/2 an hours walk away, again in the heat it is quite a trek. We thought there would be somewhere to have a short stroll to at night for a quiet drink but everywhere was just too far, this is definitely not the place for you if you have mobility problems. The pool area is pleasant but the sunbeds need replacing (or at least a good scrub). We had a room overlooking the entrance and it was extremely noisy, scooters drive past constantly until the early hours of the morning and the road is always very busy. we had very little sleep for the whole 11 days. On our last night we waited for half an hour before our starter arrived at the table, even though all meals are ordered at breakfast so they should be ready. then the second course arrived minus the potatoes, when we enquired where they were we were told they had run out of them, inexcusable. They eventually arrived with some chips but of course the rest of the meal was cold by then. The waiter only apologised when we complained but it was too late then. We also complained to the receptionist but it was obvious he couldn't care less if we were happy or not. I was amazed to see the reviews that said how friendly and helpful the staff were as we didn't see anything like that the whole time we were there. We found them to be surly and completely unhelpful. Maybe if they had been pleasant we wouldn't have noticed the hotel faults so much. All in all not our best holiday, would I stay in Sant Agnello again, NO, would I stay in the Londra Hotel, POSITIVELY NEVER.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ann s
Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you have ever wanted to sleep in pit lane of an F1 car race or live an Italian version of Fawltey Towers then this is the place for you! The beds are hard, the towels are paper thin and made of cardboard. The room is really basic and you pay for everything 'extra' like aircon & even a small fridge to keep your drinks cold. The shower would make a submariner raise an eyebrow. The woman in the photo is 1.57 metres high and 43 kilos and SHE had trouble in it. It is very noisy and its a good twenty minute walk fro Sorrento. Taxis are expensive. On the plus side, the staff are friendly & helpful & the place is kept very clean. I''m sure this hotel was awarded its three stars by the tooth fairy! If you can find somewhere else then do so!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Asterix2903
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to the Londra in September - not quite sure what to expect as the reviews were a mixed bunch. It was fabulous...my only quibble was not having a balcony - having booked very early and paid pretty much double room price as a single traveler, I was a bit miffed. Arrived Saturday for 10 days, asked for a change and was told could have a balcony room the following Saturday - not worth changing at that stage so stayed where I was. However, I arrived quite late...about 11ish and they'd put dinner in my room as the restaurant was closed by then - not many hotels do this...if you're late you miss out even though you've paid.
The staff were so helpful...Daniele on night reception duty gave me all the info I needed to find Pompeii and Herculaneum. The staff in the restaurant - Antonio, Nino and Mario - were so friendly and welcoming. The food was good - I love Italian food but the portions were so huge, I felt overwhelmed before I'd even started!! Most evenings couldn't face pudding.
The cleaning staff were so efficient - towels (which aren't towels as I know them but they did the job) changed every day and bed linen every other day as far as I could tell. The showers are comically small - drop your shower gel and there's no way to retrieve it till you're finished. The shower head is too high as well - if you don't want to wash your hair every time, which I don't, you have to use a shower cap - provided by the hotel. I did find that the hose below the basin was hot and I washed my hair using that over the basin - it was so much easier as there really is no elbow room in the shower.
The hotel is a little dated but in a quaint way - I had a stencilled flower border on my ceiling which was slightly bizarre as I only noticed when I went to bed the first night. The furnishings have a 30s deco vibe which I found quite sweet once I'd settled in.
I have an arthritic hip and there was a thunderstorm on the Wednesday night...I woke up thinking the hotel had exploded...my hip made an appalling crunching noise as I sat up and I was done for - I had a limp for the next few days which meant I missed out on a few planned trips. Campania is quite hilly and I couldn't manage the walking...but every cloud has a silver lining - I will be going back next year to see the sights I missed this holiday.
The pool area is lovely and green - I spent quite a few afternoons sitting on the terrace under the awning - don't do the roasting on a sun bed thing and once my hip gave up, I found it was lovely to sit there with a good book and a bottle of sparkly water.
Sorrento is a lovely place and the Bay of Naples is utterly stunning - by day it's beautiful but at night it's something other wordly...gorgeous - go down to the Terazzo bar to see it in all its glory.
My feeling about the Londra is that it's a little oasis of peace and pure Italian charm - I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank madsparkle
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the hotel londra July this year and must say we was very pleased with the hotel, and would definitely go back. (This was the overall opinion of about 8 other guests that we spoke to whilst there) the hotel is extremely clean, the staff very friendly, the rooms a nice size and comfortable and the pool is clean and pretty with orange trees around it. My only grumble is the shower. It's tiny! I'm a size 12 and could just about turn around in it, but my partner had to step out to wash then step back in... Which was quite amusing to us!! ideally situated in st agnello which is a 20 mins walk into sorrento.. (Worth pointing out that there are 2 ways to walk to sorrento, one along the main rd which is noisy with narrow single file paths and hazardous in high heels lol or turn left directly out of hotel and walk around the bend then straight all the way. Although there's no path on the bend, the rest of the way there is and it's an enjoyable walk) also on the 1st day we walked to sorrento to catch the train into Pompeii only to find out on the way home that st agnello station is 8mins away from hotel. Breakfast is continental and we took fruit and made ham n cheese rolls to take away for lunch while out n about. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel as we wanted to go out but the guests we spoke to that did enjoyed it although you have to pre- order ur evening meal in the
morning. Overall we had a great holiday and take with us great memories...ps: if ur a young lady then be prepared for a few toots from the scooter riders while walking around.. The Italians are a randy lot lol ( great for an ego boost) :-))

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Clarenwill
Reviewed August 31, 2012

my wife and i spent 14 days at the londra and had a lovely holiday,we are intending going back next year,we had very little to complain about,the shower was a bit on the small side,but you manage to wash in it.the food was very good,the waiters and cleaners were excellent,i would recomend this hotel to anybody,you always get people who moan about everything.john & ann allan,fraserburgh,scotland.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John A
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great time in Sorrento make sure you have enough time to do everything truly magnificent place. First class transport links just a short walk away from Sant Agnello in Sorrento.

Hotel well appointed and comfortable staff friendly and helpfull we went half board and found food well presented and cooked. There was only one down side which was overnight, it was a bit noisy as it's right next to a main road with a sharp bend. But you do get used to the Italian way of driving after a couple of days. Waiters and bar staff couldn't be any nicer really. Although quite pricey for 2 weeks Italy will see a return visit I am sure.

Room Tip: Take a room not at the front or roadside end of the hotel if at all possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TorquaySteve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
0 mi away
#4 of 19 in Sant'Agnello
Hotel Prestige Sorrento
Hotel Prestige Sorrento
#27 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Hotel Londra? Share your experiences!