Hotel Londra
$469
Hotel Cristina(Sant'Agnello)
Alpha Hotel(Sant'Agnello)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel la Pace(Sant'Agnello)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsminute walka small family run hotelbudget hotelshower cubicletown centrelarge roommarinella beachground floorrecommend hotelfresh towelsplenty of sun loungerstrain stationamalfi coastbusy roadeurospavementvesuvius
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to the Londra in September - not quite sure what to expect as the reviews were a mixed bunch. It was fabulous...my only quibble was not having a balcony - having booked very early and paid pretty much double room price as a single traveler, I was a bit miffed. Arrived Saturday for 10 days, asked for a change and was told could have a balcony room the following Saturday - not worth changing at that stage so stayed where I was. However, I arrived quite late...about 11ish and they'd put dinner in my room as the restaurant was closed by then - not many hotels do this...if you're late you miss out even though you've paid.
The staff were so helpful...Daniele on night reception duty gave me all the info I needed to find Pompeii and Herculaneum. The staff in the restaurant - Antonio, Nino and Mario - were so friendly and welcoming. The food was good - I love Italian food but the portions were so huge, I felt overwhelmed before I'd even started!! Most evenings couldn't face pudding.
The cleaning staff were so efficient - towels (which aren't towels as I know them but they did the job) changed every day and bed linen every other day as far as I could tell. The showers are comically small - drop your shower gel and there's no way to retrieve it till you're finished. The shower head is too high as well - if you don't want to wash your hair every time, which I don't, you have to use a shower cap - provided by the hotel. I did find that the hose below the basin was hot and I washed my hair using that over the basin - it was so much easier as there really is no elbow room in the shower.
The hotel is a little dated but in a quaint way - I had a stencilled flower border on my ceiling which was slightly bizarre as I only noticed when I went to bed the first night. The furnishings have a 30s deco vibe which I found quite sweet once I'd settled in.
I have an arthritic hip and there was a thunderstorm on the Wednesday night...I woke up thinking the hotel had exploded...my hip made an appalling crunching noise as I sat up and I was done for - I had a limp for the next few days which meant I missed out on a few planned trips. Campania is quite hilly and I couldn't manage the walking...but every cloud has a silver lining - I will be going back next year to see the sights I missed this holiday.
The pool area is lovely and green - I spent quite a few afternoons sitting on the terrace under the awning - don't do the roasting on a sun bed thing and once my hip gave up, I found it was lovely to sit there with a good book and a bottle of sparkly water.
Sorrento is a lovely place and the Bay of Naples is utterly stunning - by day it's beautiful but at night it's something other wordly...gorgeous - go down to the Terazzo bar to see it in all its glory.
My feeling about the Londra is that it's a little oasis of peace and pure Italian charm - I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank madsparkle
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the hotel londra July this year and must say we was very pleased with the hotel, and would definitely go back. (This was the overall opinion of about 8 other guests that we spoke to whilst there) the hotel is extremely clean, the staff very friendly, the rooms a nice size and comfortable and the pool is clean and pretty with orange trees around it. My only grumble is the shower. It's tiny! I'm a size 12 and could just about turn around in it, but my partner had to step out to wash then step back in... Which was quite amusing to us!! ideally situated in st agnello which is a 20 mins walk into sorrento.. (Worth pointing out that there are 2 ways to walk to sorrento, one along the main rd which is noisy with narrow single file paths and hazardous in high heels lol or turn left directly out of hotel and walk around the bend then straight all the way. Although there's no path on the bend, the rest of the way there is and it's an enjoyable walk) also on the 1st day we walked to sorrento to catch the train into Pompeii only to find out on the way home that st agnello station is 8mins away from hotel. Breakfast is continental and we took fruit and made ham n cheese rolls to take away for lunch while out n about. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel as we wanted to go out but the guests we spoke to that did enjoyed it although you have to pre- order ur evening meal in the
morning. Overall we had a great holiday and take with us great memories...ps: if ur a young lady then be prepared for a few toots from the scooter riders while walking around.. The Italians are a randy lot lol ( great for an ego boost) :-))

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Clarenwill
Reviewed August 31, 2012

my wife and i spent 14 days at the londra and had a lovely holiday,we are intending going back next year,we had very little to complain about,the shower was a bit on the small side,but you manage to wash in it.the food was very good,the waiters and cleaners were excellent,i would recomend this hotel to anybody,you always get people who moan about everything.john & ann allan,fraserburgh,scotland.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John A
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great time in Sorrento make sure you have enough time to do everything truly magnificent place. First class transport links just a short walk away from Sant Agnello in Sorrento.

Hotel well appointed and comfortable staff friendly and helpfull we went half board and found food well presented and cooked. There was only one down side which was overnight, it was a bit noisy as it's right next to a main road with a sharp bend. But you do get used to the Italian way of driving after a couple of days. Waiters and bar staff couldn't be any nicer really. Although quite pricey for 2 weeks Italy will see a return visit I am sure.

Room Tip: Take a room not at the front or roadside end of the hotel if at all possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TorquaySteve
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at this Hotel in July, we normally travel 5 star all inclusive, but we had such a good deal for this holiday we were unable to refuse it, even though the Hotel was only a 3 star and we were half board. Well to be honest, we were very shocked, the Hotel was Family run, and both the owners and the staff could not do enough for you, the food and service was excellent, the rooms were cleaned every day, we just could not fault anything with the Hotel.
We have stayed at 5 star iberostar and Hilton Hotels and they were not as good as this Hotel, a credit to the owners and the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple