All reviewshalf boardbudget hotelminute walka small family run hotelmarinella beachrecommend hotelplenty of sun loungerssant agnellotrain stationfriendly hotelpavementwardrobevesuviusmassimoticketsnaplescourses
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This was my first holiday abroad by myself at the grand age of 61, and I was looked after very well. The hotel is clean and welcoming, the food was good and plenty of it. The pasta was great. I had a single room, and it was more than satisfactory, the towels changed every day and the sheets every second day. The hotel was friendly and they organised the trips I wanted and arranged for me to picked up. The staff were friendly and I met some lovely guests. I am looking to go back next September. Thank you to all who welcomed me to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Hotel Londra for three nights at the end of a fairly demanding holiday that included Rome beforehand. Therefore we really wanted to relax by the time we reached Sorrento. Maybe we were spoiled by the previous hotel we had stayed in at Rome, which was also 3 star and included air conditioning as standard, but the extra charges the hotel required for air con, a fridge etc lost it brownie points immediately.

The place is hot and yes you can keep the windows open but the noise from the local roads was terrible with traffic that seemed to go on through the night. I really started to hate scooter engines! We had evening meals included, but it was horribly bland and we even joked that they can’t get the dessert wrong surely….well if you don’t mind a dried out orange and a couple of pears for your ‘fresh fruit salad’. Eat out even if it means eating pizza for lunch and dinner it would be a better alternative and possibly even breakfast though I didn’t mind the nutella style filled croissants.

The good points were that the waiting staff are very good at their job and there is a swimming pool and sun beds, where you can catch up on lost sleep during the day due to traffic noise throughout the night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bullseye774
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Very glad other guests had a better deal than we did. Our beds were very hard, road noise and that of other guests was a real nuisance. Some rooms have baths apparently but we didn't get a choice. Our balcony had a rusty metal table and only two chairs for 3 guests. Bar food is horrid. Escalope was not cooked before being heated in a panini type roll. Tuna sandwich (only option as a change from ham & cheese) was 2/3 dry bread. Also it was 5 euro and at the local shop better ones were only 1.50.
Ask for details before you order anything. Make sure you get a receipt in case of any complaint. During our stay it was only the people having lunch and dinner at the hotel who got the best service. We wanted to try local restaurants and were treated badly becuase of it. Go to Il Coppano near the sea front for exceptional food and service at reasonable prices. If any query can wait until you can see the ladies you'll get sorted much easier. Don't bother with Pasquale ever.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lindamum
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed at this hotel from 23rd-30th July and really enjoyed our stay.Was with my daughter aged 21. Room was spacious with a nice balcony with table and 4 chairs. Good blinds kept out all the light at night. Air conditioning was included in our room and necessary. If not included it's 7 euros per night.
Staff were very helpful and friendly. Spoke good English too and helped us with directions/ maps etc. We liked the position of the hotel as it's within walking distance of lots of great places. But we do like walking! Station to Pompeii etc not far. Beach at Sant Agnello nice but costs 24 euros per day for 2 sunbeds and an umberella. Tony's beach at Marina Grande in Sorrento much more reasonable at 10 euros for same. Breakfast in the hotel was from 7-9am and was great. Well stocked plates and great service. Rooms were very clean and fresh towels daily. Shower small but not a problem. Would consider this hotel again and absolutely love the whole area.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank revue016
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The staff were very helpful and friendly and spoke excellent English. The rooms were of a good size and although the shower cubicle was of a ridiculously small size, we were very happy with the accommodation however it was a little too far from Sorrento for our liking. The walk took us between 25-30 mins, especially in the heat and the bus service was fairly erratic and cost 2.40 euros per journey. Overall I would have rather stayed a little nearer to Sorrento, especially when getting an early ferry to Capri or Ischia, however it was very much worth the money we paid. We paid extra to have a fridge in the room, 4euro per day but it was worth it as we often wanted to have a cup of tea at night using fresh milk etc. There was no hair drier in the room but it was very wasy to ask for one at reception.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends