All reviewshalf boardbudget hotelminute walka small family run hotelmarinella beachrecommend hotelplenty of sun loungerssant agnellotrain stationfriendly hotelpavementwardrobevesuviusmassimoticketsnaplescourses
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Travelling with 40 students and 4 staff, we found this hotel perfectly set up for the needs of a large, English speaking party. The hotel staff were very friendly and excellent English speakers. We felt very well looked after throughout out stay. Importantly for a school group, the hotel felt safe and all fire equipment etc was very well maintained. Food was fine (if unspectacular) and the hotel was very clean and well looked after. It was the perfect base for our trips to Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius, while in the evenings, the hotel was situated just 15 minutes walk from Sorrento's bustling centre. My students were also delighted by the hotel's free wifi, allowing them to stay in touch with home more easily. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other school parties and will certainly use it again myself. I would also be happy to use this hotel for my own family holidays.

Room Tip: Drinks not included with meals (even water)
  • Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Impresidente
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I had read so many negative reviews on this hotel that I was becoming worried about visiting. I should not have bothered. We had a very comfortable bed in a clean and well decorated room. The dining room staff could not have been more pleasant and the other staff were also very approachable. We found the meals to be more than adequate for our needs. All in all, I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LindaSi
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Before me and my family went on this holiday I read all these reviews and the negative ones made me very worried. I wanted to write this to give you the truth about Hotel Londra.
Firstly it is in a nice area which is about a 2 min walk to the seafront, 5 mins to Sant Agnello (which is a fairly small but nice town with a train station which gets you very cheap return tickets to many places such as Vesuvius, Herculaneum and Pompeii - around 4 Euro's). It is about 20 mins walk to Sorrento but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel and they run about every 30 mins in a circular to Sorrento for around 3 Euros.
The staff at the hotel are lovely, particularly the wait staff in the restaurant and the female manager who loved looking at pictures of my young niece and nephew back home.
The décor in the hotel is dated but charming. The rooms and hotel in general is kept very clean and the pool is immaculate. The pool is a good size and never very busy. There are plenty of sun loungers and chairs around the pool and although some people do tend to get them early it was all very polite and the pool boy will help if further loungers need getting out.
The room are dated but the beds are comfy and there is enough storage and most rooms have some outside space. The showers are comically small but manageable with - I'm not a small person and I managed.
We ate nearly every day and the food is excellent. The breakfast is nothing excited but the so called 'stale' bread is actually just nice crusty bread, soft inside, there is lovely tasting fruit (although it doesn't look appealing), meats, cheese, juices and cakes. You also get really good coffee or tea. The evening meals are fantastic. A choice of 5 starts, 5 main courses and a cake-based pudding, fruit or delicious ice-cream. The food here is superb and very authentically Italian. There is usually a fish course, plenty of pasta varieties and the risottos are to die for. The best risotto I've ever had!!
I would recommend boat or coach trips to Amalfi. You need a full day for Pompeii as it is huge. Going to Vesuvius is great but only do it if you are relatively fit. Sorrento itself is lovely and there is a cafe which is like a beautiful garden (I believe called Latino) which is great. Try their White Chocolate Crepes and their 'Latino Dream'. Which is Lemon crushed ice and fresh orange juice.
Capri is very beautiful and if you like heights there is a chair lift you can do for £12 Euro’s.
Anyway, back to the hotel. This is a relaxing, calming, well cleaned and staffed establishment that I would recommend to anyone. It is basic so don’t expect the Ritz – but worth it for the area and vibe. The roads are noisy at night and so that does take some getting used to but it wouldn’t put me off going again. If you are a light sleep make sure you ask for a room which is not on an external wall and you should be fine. You do have to pay extra for air con at 7 Euro’s a night. They overcharged us for the 3 times we used this but when we made them aware they altered it without question. The bar is well stocked, liqueurs and whiskey is around 5 Euro’s a shot (which is probably a double).
Overall this is a fairly quiet, peaceful and charming hotel. We’d go again and the area is stunning. We worth it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank Waterbaby0401
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I stayed here on a bed & breakfast basis with my son, mum and nephew and on the whole had a very pleasant experience. The hotel was very basic but had most amenities you would expect. Rooms were cleaned every day and towels were replaced daily. Breakfast was ok - good selection of sweet cakes, toast and some cereals which the kids did not like due to the different taste of milk. There was a large fruit basket of apples and oranges but they weren't particularly fresh unfortunately. Lunches were payable by the pool and we did avail of them on 3 occasions. They were ok also but on the whole we were glad we did not opt for the all inclusive option for food. The hotel insisted on putting lunches, drinks and ice creams on a tab to be paid at the end of the holiday which we were uncomfortable with as it wasn't nice to have a bill amounting for 2 weeks! Air conditioning was extra but necessary even at 7 euro per day!

Staff were on the most part very friendly, helpful and welcoming - especially the breakfast, reception and cleaning staff. The only exception was Pasquale who generally came on duty at lunch time until late at night. We found him very friendly one day and moody the next. By the end of the holiday he didn't seem interested in us in any way as we had settled our bill!!!

The location was good - 10 mins walk to beach (altho the nearest beach was extremely expensive @ 10euro per adult for entrance and sunbed and 4 euro entrance for child just to play and swim!) and apx 15/20 mins walk into the centre of Sorrento!

On the whole a nice hotel but not for kids, the pool area was small and we felt any splashing they made were annoying other guests but food was reasonable, location good and rooms very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Chick74
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The cleanliness off the rooms and hotel was very good. The service was prompt and polite, attention to detail was good at meal times. The food was only average ( typical Italian hotel food -bland and a strange mixture of veg) The room was a good size but the shower cubicle was tiny. The hotel was located at a bend on a narrow busy commuter road,- lots of tooting and honking and was quite noisy from around 7 am, traffic noise subsided after 11 pm.
The hotel building was in good decorative order with nice painted designs. The swimming pool was small but adequate for families. The location was a disappointment, about 25/30 minutes walk into central Sorrento, the road outside was very busy. There was a bus stop on the opposite side of the road about 20 yards away. The bus service was very intermittent, 1- 2 buses per hour, even worse on a sunday. When it turned up it was about 7-8 minutes to the centre but the route was circular so took about 10-12 minutes back from Sorrento. Sant Agnello itself is small with a parade of shops (beware the pavement is narrow and the narrow main road is very busy ) and a couple of small supermarkets and some very small bars- inhabited by old locals

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple