We had decided last year to come to Sorrento and what a lovely trip we had. The man who arranged our travel suggested we look at Citalia, for places to stay, and we found the Villa Garden. What a beautiful place! The hotel is perched on the edge of the sea, in the northern end of town, in the district of Sant' Agnello. If you like peaceful sleep and luxurious surroundings, the Villa Garden will provide you with all, and more. The hotel has 19 rooms, gardens and a lovely swimming pool, all secluded. The view from the breakfast room, out to sea, is something to behold. Excellent choice of hot and cold breakfasts.
The hotel is about 25 minutes walk from the centre of Sorrento, along the coast roads. There is a bus stop in a street nearby (Red bus 'Line C') which goes into town and right down to the harbour, where all the ferries leave for Ischia, Capri, Positano, Amalfi and Naples. The main bus station, served by the Line C, will give you connections on to the Positano/Amalfi service (Blue buses). If you go to Amalfi, be sure to get the local bus up to Ravello - a must! You must buy the bus tickets in the hotel, travel agents and certain tourist shops. The bus drivers don't take money!! A good value bus ticket lasts for 24 hours at a cost of 7.2 Euros. For instance, you could use it for a trip from the Villa Garden into the bus station, change for Positano, later go on to Amalfi and up to Ravello and BACK to the hotel!! Allow about 6 to 7 hours for a trip like this. I believe this is very good value.
There are good little restaurants near the Villa Garden, so you don't need to travel far for good Italian dishes and excellent wines.
We will go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Garden is a refined boutique hotel located in the Peninsula of Sorrento, on a rocky spur directly above the sea. The breathtaking panorama one enjoys from the Belvedere encompasses the entire Bay of Naples, with the majestic Vesuvius, the gentle hills and the picturesque villages dotted along the coast immersed in the luscious green vegetation. A real corner of Paradise, where the ancient Romans built a splendid villa and where the great European painters of the 17th and 18th century came to seek inspiration for their magnificent paintings. Today this is the ideal place for relaxing and romantic stays, to discover Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and other gems of this blessed land. The villa has been completely restructured but in full respect of the original architecture. It's 19 rooms are finely furnished, many of these have balcony and sea view. The personal care of the owners, the courtesy of the Staff, the intimate and elegant atmosphere, make of Villa Garden a "Hotel de Charme". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Hotel Sant Agnello
- Villa Garden Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples