Situated in a peaceful location 5 minutes walk to the seafront. 25 minutes to walk into Sorrento with a choice of two routes, either along the busy main road which you reach after turning right out of the hotel or along a quieter road nearer the seafront which you reach after turning left out of the hotel. Shops are 5-10 minute walk.
Nice atmosphere in the hotel where the staff were extremely helpful and friendly both on reception and in the restaurant. Evening meals were very enjoyable with about four choices for each of the three courses. Wine was quite expensive at 20 euros for the cheapest bottle although it was good quality. Breakfast was very good too with plenty of choices.
Rooms on bottom floors were very spacious although no views from the patio, although excellent views could be had from the roof terrace.
Stayed for one week and managed to visit Vesuvius, Pompeii and Herculaneum on separate days by train from San Agnello railway station, which is 5-10 minutes walk. Had a day on the Amalfi Coast travelling on the public bus which leaves across the road from Sorrento railway station which is 20 minutes walk from the hotel. We got off the bus at Amalfi and had a walk around before catching a local bus up to Ravello which was our highlight of the holiday. The views of the Amalfi Coast from Ravello are unbelievable. We also visited Capri by boat from Sorrento Harbour. Be warned the prices on Capri are practically double what they are elsewhere.
Wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel and revisit the Amalfi Coast and also take a boat trip to Ischia which was recommended to me but unfortunately we ran out of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples