My cousin and I spent a week here in October in a large airy downstairs room with terrace. Our only complaints about the room were that it was very plain, a few more pictures would help, and if the outer shutters are closed the room is very dark.
The hotel public rooms are magnificent, it was like living in a stately home with oil paintings, beautiful chandeliers, ornately decorated vases and lots of comfy sofas.
The staff are professional, friendly and helpful. We had to call a doctor in an,d in conjunction with the tour rep, the reception staff sorted everything out and told me where to collect the prescription from (the local pharmacy was closed for a few days).
We enjoyed the two sun terraces and the pool area but had problems with the local mosquitos (around the pool and on our terrace) having a feast on my cousin's legs.
We ate lunch the first day down the road overlooking the sea but found that the sandwich menu in the hotel bar was actually cheaper, tastier and more of it.
Location for us was the big problem. My cousin developed a knee problem 2 weeks before our holiday and found it impossible to cope with the walk into Sorrento. The hotel is a good 30 minutes walk from Sorrento, it is in a residential area with poor pavements, appalling traffic and buses which were full and irregular. If you are fit it isnt a problem but if you have any kind of walking difficulties then it isn't suitable. We went in on the red tourist bus one day but because roads were closed locally because of a football match we got a taxi back which cost €18 for a 5 minute ride.
The local train has no lift up to the platform only 2 steep flights of steps so that was no use to us either.
We stayed half board and found the food was very good. Breakfast is buffet style, lots of choice and a super coffee machine. The evening meal is a buffet of fresh salad and desserts (scrumptious) and waiter service with 4 choices for starter and main courses. The food was freshly made and home cooked, the soups were especially good. Wine was expensive €20 for a bottle of house wine but you could keep half for the next night. A bottle of water was €2.50 and a glass of house wine €5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples