I really cannot fault this hotel in any way and to be honest i wouldnt want to as i think you have to be looking very hard to find a fault worth mentioning,Yes there are a few issues but they are so minor and insignificant compared to the plus points i do not think they are worth mentioning here.
Lovely reception area with a very fast and un complicated check in.
We had a second floor room with balcony.Very nicely and simply decorated in traditional Italian style.The room was spotlessly cleaned every day.A nice little fridge and minibar.A little expensive as are all minbar tarrifs.Water and soft drinks can be bought from a variety of small shops within a 5min walk of the hotel.As can any train or bus tickets that you may require for excursions.
The bar and pool area are beautifull.We did not encounter any problem of early morning towel planting on sunbeds as in some previous reviews and basically always found somewhere to sit and enjoy a cooling drink or lovely coffee.A word of thanks goes to the bar staff and especially the tall shaven headed Juventus supporting barman whos name we never did get but was charming and completely professional during our stay.Many thanks Juve!
The dinning room was a very tranquil and beautifull room to dine in.Breakfast was very nice with a good choice of cooked and cold foods and cake and pastry selections.Fruit juices,coffes and tea.A very hearty start to the busy day day ahead.
Dinner was very nice.Salad selection.Starters,mains and choice of deserts.The wine list was also very good and a big grazi to Vincenso for his recommendations of locally produced wines that never let us down.If you are going to the Majestic any time seek his advice and he will be only too pleased to assist.
Sorrento is a good 20 min walk away or 5 mins on the bus.We prefered the walk as it was great fun.
We chose to book our trips out through the hotel which was slightly cheaper than through Thomas Cooks rep service.
In St Agnello itself there are a good few shops to browse and bars to eat and drink in.Our favorite was Tonys bar.A slab of wooden decking roped in in the middle of the road basically.You can sit here and watch Italian life go by whilst being entertained by Tonys brilliant hospitality.
All in all i think you could find faults wherever you may stay but i would have no hesitation in recommending this beautiful hotel and the town of St Agnello and Sorrento.I would love to go back here and will definately be staying here again.
To all staff at The Majestic Palace......MILLE GRAZIE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples