We have just returned from a week's stay at the Majestic Palace (myself, my husband and my two daughters aged 21 and 18). We all absolutely loved the hotel - thought the decor was charming, the reception staff always welcoming and smiling and Vicenzo in the restaurant was delightful recommending wine to us each evening. Our room was clean and spacious and the balcony was a lovely place to read a book in the evening sun. In room safes are free and there is a tiny fridge/mini bar. The pool area was very relaxing with plenty of shadey spots. If you are a sun worshipper I recommend the sunbeds in middle of the front row of the terrace - they were in the sun all day. We thought the food was good - certainly plentiful and lots of choice. The hotel was in a lovely quiet area of Sant Agnello. The walk into Sorrento along the main road was not great but the back route (turn left out of the hotel, down to the bottom, take left turn and keep walking!) was pleasant although took at least 20 minutes. The hotel provides towels for the pool which they change every three days; you can ask for cards at reception. To buy water for your room, turn right out of the hotel and at the top on the left there is a small supermarket. Take lots of insect repellent if you get bitten!!
We were with Thomas Cook and our rep was lovely. We did the Pompeii/Herculaneum trip and the Amalfi Coast trip by coach - both excellent, both guides were very good. If you suffer from car sickness, definitely take a tablet before you get on the coach for the Amalfi Drive and if you suffer from vertigo, sit on the driver's side of the coach! The driving is unbelievable!
My tip for Sorrento is to walk all the way down to the bottom of the Corso Italia past the Hospital and on to the Via Capo, walk up the hill to the Hotel Belair. The views from there are to die for. I stayed in the Hotel Belair 27 years ago and didn't think that the area had changed very much at all.
The only negative thing about our holiday was the weather. We had rain most days but it meant that it was much cooler for sightseeing.
Thank you Majestic Palace for a wonderful relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples