La Pace ~meaning the hotel of peace. This was exactly what this hotel offers. The minute you walk into the impressive lobby you know this is going to be a great place to holiday in glorious Italy. Staff friendly,helpful and efficient. Away from beautiful but busy Sorrento but near enough if you want shops/cafe's and bars ~the hotel shuttle bus takes you in several times a day should this be what you're after.
The hotel is of a traditional Italian design/decoration with the bedroom furniture containing the impressive Sorrento inlaid wood. King size comfy beds and bathroom containing bath and shower.The sea view room was amazing and totally relaxing ~enjoying a glass of wine or a coffee on the balcony and enjoying the view of the glittering Bay of Naples or Vesuvius.
Snack bar/pool area very comfortable with freshly laundered towels on offer every day for use on the sunbeds. Similarly room cleaned everyday (properly) fresh towels daily and you returned to a cool air conditioned room. The cleaning lady does not speak English but loves it if you smile and say Bonjourno to her.
Breakfast was wonderful ~ we visited to celebrate my hubby's 50th birthday and he was thrilled with having a champagne breakfast everyday. Buffet style but with every kind of breakfast you could wish for. Freshly cooked omlettes and panackes while you waited/English style breakfast available (with local meats) fresh fruit daily,yoghurts,freshly baked bread and pastries all served with a smile. Tea and coffee (the coffee has got room to improve ~ it’s not Lavazza ) however that was minor as everything else was brill.
People mention the WiFI in nearly every review and for someone who at home is an FB/Twiiter addict I cannot for the life on me think why this would be important when you are on holiday in beautiful Italy.On the 3 or so occasions I used it to speak to my children there was no problem~ what is quite sad is to see people permanently attached to their phones/ipads etc ignoring their family when they have the chance to spend quality time with each other. So what I say is forget the WiFi and opt for time with those you hold dear, enjoy balcony seaviews, trips to the village or Sorrento or take a train ride to Pompeii ~ far more interesting!!
The hotel is situated at the top of two hillside walks into Sant Agnello.
If you take the turn signposted To Napoli -then a wonderful little Pizzeria and Bar awaits you with homebaked pizza with every concieveable topping for 5 Euros . At the bottom of the main hill walking past the farmacia you will come across the family run Restaurant Donna Rosa ~ also well worth a visit if you are into traditional Italian dishes.
Finally make sure you visit the seafront and watch the sunset over Capri ~ it’s breathtaking. Peaceful La Pace we will be back ~ you are worth every 5 of the stars you have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel La Pace has been built combining extraordinary ideas from the past historic luxury and today’s contemporary amenities. When you first step into our magnificent lobby, with its grand scale and splendid detail, you might think you’ve been transported back to the 20th Century, when great Hotels were built with marble and stone, not glass and steel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel la Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sant Agnello
- Grand Hotel La Pace Sorrento
- Grand Hotel La Pace Italy/Province Of Naples