“good place. pleasant environment. feel welcome.”
Review of Mami Camilla

Mami Camilla
Ranked #14 of 22 Sant'Agnello B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we had a good experience at this fantastic place. had the opportunity to eat dinner with "chefs" and "chef to be" enrolled at this unique cooking school. The Owners are very pleasant and become your friends.

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mami Camilla

Reviewed August 11, 2012

A charming place run by a charming family. Clean, comfortable, relaxed, helpful and friendly.......and as if that wasn't enough you get a great breakfast and the option of being taken to the cooking school for an evening meal cooked by the students. This was a cracking evening out: a four course meal for 18 euros, very reasonably priced wine and beer, interesting company with the other guests and students and all washed down with Mami Camilia's limoncella, which was the best we tasted (and we tried a few).
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked the place and the cooking course ,just by reading the website.It was mauch more then expected . Nice place Waking distance from Sorrento and Sant'Agnello centers. The rooms where nice cleaan Breakfast was good. The family that runs the place were helping .Chef Biagio and Chef Palmira were just great with a lot of knowledge ans patience shared their knowledge. great place ,great food !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sanduavni
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great family run hotel with cookery school. beautiful area with stunning scenery and a really restful holiday.

Hotel clean, friendly and comfortable within walking distance of Sorrento and the port, also reasonable distance from both St Agnello and Sorrento railway stations, though if you want a seat on the train then go to Sorrento.

Air-con in rooms.

Bus station also within walking distance, again if you want a seat on the bus then go to the "Sita" depot in Sorrento and not the stop at St Agnello, bus tickets must be purchased before boarding as drivers will not accept payment.

Lots to do in this area and Mami Camilla is situated and priced perfectly for all.

Only downsides: Booking in at a late hour can be a problem and needs to be pre organised as reception is not 24hr. Also, groups of young people are accepted, with no staff or family on the premises at night there were a couple of nights during our stay that inconsiderate late arrivals shouted and slammed doors until 2.30am!

Would recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: No lift and most rooms are above ground floor level.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I've never had such wonderful, pleasant reception! This is perhaps the best place I've stayed in Italy. The family were altogether some of the friendliest people I've met in my travels. It's almost like being home, but in beautiful Sorrento!

We were provided a wonderful, well prepared, breakfast each morning with an amazing prosciutto and cheese selection, delicious pastries, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables, not to mention a warm tasty cup of espresso. For the first few evenings we went out to explore the surrounding restaurants and they were great, but one evening we were exhausted and stayed in for dinner and from then on Mami's dinner became highlight for the rest of our stay!

They offered a personally escorted trip to the island of Capri and it was perhaps the most fun I've ever had in a single day. We saw more than 5 grottos and were able to stay as long as we wanted at each one. Just amazing!

Mami's will always be top on my list of places to stay when I come back to Southern Italy! Looking forward to our next trip!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I was at Mami Camilla for six weeks,stayed in a five beds dorm. It was great, friendly staff, food at its best cooked fresh everyday by a wonderful chef, Palmira. Laura, the girl at check in, can help with anything you need to know about the area, what to see, where to go.In the last day I only had one thought: when am I caming BACK!!! That is all it is: Italy at it's best.

Room Tip: If you want to meet new people stay in a dorm, you only go there to sleep anyway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My friend and I traveled through Europe for 6 weeks last summer and 3 weeks were spent traveling all through Italia. We started north and worked our way down south and our last stay was at Mami Camillas in Sant'Agnello. You could say we saved the best for last!
Mamis Camillas is a beautiful family owned and ran B&B and cooking school with a rustic feel. Shortly after we checked in with Laura we decided to walk into Sorrento which is only about a 15 min walk but as we were leaving so was Laura and she graciously offered to give us a ride which we accepted. We decided right away that we loved Mamis Camillas and never wanted to leave! They really make you feel like part of the family!

They're easily accessible by train and buses. Short walk to the beach.The rooms are cozy and clean but didnt spend much time in there. Breakfast is included and the spread is amazing! For a mere 18 euros you can enjoy a fresh authentic Itailian 4 course dinner that is prepared and served by Chef Biagio (the Patriach of the Longo family) chef Palmira and the students taking the cooking class, while you sit and enjoy some vino in the beautiful garden courtyard amongst other world travelers. We ate there every night! And as anyone who has traveled to Italia knows the food is amazing but Chef Biagios food is above the rest! He even has a cookbook you can purchase which I cook from often.

Mami Camillas is great for any kind of traveler! Whether your traveling solo, with friends, as a couple or as a family. Everyone sits around the courtyard and chats and gets to know one another like your in your own backyard. It truely is a home away from home.

Now if you stay here Id recommend venturing out to Pompeii, rent a convertiable and take a drive up the Amalfi Coast, and take a boat trip to Capri which they offer at Mami Camillas. The boat excursions are ran by the family and friends which is a nice touch. Now for you adrenaline junkies I recommend NOT cliff jumping in Capri which I found out the hard way. I had a slight accident and ended up in the hospital for a couple of days. (Thanks again for the rescue Luigi) I had to stay a few extra days until I recovered and everyone at Mami Camillas took such good care of me like I was one of their own. I made life long friends here whom I still stay in touch with, Laura included and it was one of the happiest times of my life minus the hospital stay of course but it makes for a good story and I got to stay at Mamis a little longer!
So if you plan on traveling to Italia you must make Sorrento/Sant'Agnello one of your stops and in my opinion there is no other place to stay but MAMI CAMILLAS!!! I will definately be going back!
Thanks again to the whole Longo family, Biagio,Mami,Laura,Odilia,Guiseppe,Agostino and friends.

Sincerly,