Mami Camilla
Hotel Florida(Sant'Agnello)(Great Value!)
$88
$83
Travelocity
Grand Hotel la Pace(Sant'Agnello)
$1,001
$126
$113
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I was at Mami Camilla for six weeks,stayed in a five beds dorm. It was great, friendly staff, food at its best cooked fresh everyday by a wonderful chef, Palmira. Laura, the girl at check in, can help with anything you need to know about the area, what to see, where to go.In the last day I only had one thought: when am I caming BACK!!! That is all it is: Italy at it's best.

Room Tip: If you want to meet new people stay in a dorm, you only go there to sleep anyway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My friend and I traveled through Europe for 6 weeks last summer and 3 weeks were spent traveling all through Italia. We started north and worked our way down south and our last stay was at Mami Camillas in Sant'Agnello. You could say we saved the best for last!
Mamis Camillas is a beautiful family owned and ran B&B and cooking school with a rustic feel. Shortly after we checked in with Laura we decided to walk into Sorrento which is only about a 15 min walk but as we were leaving so was Laura and she graciously offered to give us a ride which we accepted. We decided right away that we loved Mamis Camillas and never wanted to leave! They really make you feel like part of the family!

They're easily accessible by train and buses. Short walk to the beach.The rooms are cozy and clean but didnt spend much time in there. Breakfast is included and the spread is amazing! For a mere 18 euros you can enjoy a fresh authentic Itailian 4 course dinner that is prepared and served by Chef Biagio (the Patriach of the Longo family) chef Palmira and the students taking the cooking class, while you sit and enjoy some vino in the beautiful garden courtyard amongst other world travelers. We ate there every night! And as anyone who has traveled to Italia knows the food is amazing but Chef Biagios food is above the rest! He even has a cookbook you can purchase which I cook from often.

Mami Camillas is great for any kind of traveler! Whether your traveling solo, with friends, as a couple or as a family. Everyone sits around the courtyard and chats and gets to know one another like your in your own backyard. It truely is a home away from home.

Now if you stay here Id recommend venturing out to Pompeii, rent a convertiable and take a drive up the Amalfi Coast, and take a boat trip to Capri which they offer at Mami Camillas. The boat excursions are ran by the family and friends which is a nice touch. Now for you adrenaline junkies I recommend NOT cliff jumping in Capri which I found out the hard way. I had a slight accident and ended up in the hospital for a couple of days. (Thanks again for the rescue Luigi) I had to stay a few extra days until I recovered and everyone at Mami Camillas took such good care of me like I was one of their own. I made life long friends here whom I still stay in touch with, Laura included and it was one of the happiest times of my life minus the hospital stay of course but it makes for a good story and I got to stay at Mamis a little longer!
So if you plan on traveling to Italia you must make Sorrento/Sant'Agnello one of your stops and in my opinion there is no other place to stay but MAMI CAMILLAS!!! I will definately be going back!
Thanks again to the whole Longo family, Biagio,Mami,Laura,Odilia,Guiseppe,Agostino and friends.

Sincerly,
Estacia

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stacie S
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Me and my boyfriend have been to Mami Camilla in September 2011 , we had an amazing time! , the stuff is so wonderful , kind and make you feel like you are home... Peppino and Odilia prepare such a good breakfast , a variety of homemade products made also during the cooking classes with sweet chef Palmira!.. A lovely lady at the front desk gives you all the assistance you need and all the information about the area.. One thing that you MUST do is the Capitanoago boat tour excursion that they offer! Agostino , Mami Camilla's son is the greatest capitan, such a funny guy , brings you into all the Capri 's grotto and gives you good tips about the island.. We also had dinner there and the food was the best we had in our entire trip to Italy .. I highly raccomand this place and we can't wait to go back! Thank you for have made our stay so pleasant Mami Camilla!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I just returned from a ten day stay at Mami Camilla's. First the positives. The staff was great! This is a family owned and run B & B and the staff was very warm and welcoming. The dinners in the dining room were also great. It's a four course dinner for 18 Euro. Not only is everything fresh and made that day on sight, including the pasta, but it's also delicious. The dinners are a great way to meet other guests if you are traveling alone, as I was. Other reviewers have mentioned that the location is a 20 minute walk from Sorrento. For me this was a positive as I didn't mind the walk into town, and the Sant' Agnello area is also very nice with it's own quiet beach just a two minute walk for Mami Camilla's. I loved going there for lunch (great pizza!) and then renting a sun lounger for an afternoon of relaxing and reading. Sant' Agnello is much less crowded than Sorrento. I should also add that the Mami Camilla property is surrounded by 5 star hotels. This is an upscale area with billion dollar views.
Sadly there are a few negatives. As of this writing, there is construction on both sides of the hotel. Not the hotels fault, and this is only a temporary problem. It was very noisy and dusty while I was there. Secondly, the hotel itself is a bit run down, it needs some updating. Perhaps they do these things in the off season, then again it's possible they don't notice. Lastly, I felt the cleaning was not very thorough. There was quite a lot of mold in the shower and there was a squashed mosquito on the bathroom wall that was there when I arrived that was there 10 days later when I left. The sheets were not changed in 10 days either, I know because mine had a tear. I did get a fresh towel every time I left mine on the floor, however. All in all, I would stay there again. The price was reasonable, the location was nice and the staff was great.

Room Tip: If you stay in the dorms ask for the larger 10 bed dorm. The 5 bed dorm is shared with the long term students and isn't as roomy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank designerd0212
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed at Mami Camilla in one of the dorm rooms this past September. I was in a 5 person room and it was 25 euro a night, not bad at all. The girl at check in was very informative, giving us a map and telling us things to do in Sorrento. Sorrento is a 15 minute walk away and the Sant'Agnello Circumvesuviana stop is less than a 10 minute walk. Just a word of warning if you do walk to Sorrento the road is busy and the sidewalks are small, so be careful! There's a nice courtyard where you can get the free wifi and they had dinner out there each night after the cooking class. The rooms are a bit older but totally livable. I was in the dorm room right off the courtyard towards the back. There's a covered window next to the bunk there that is up against the hotel lobby so it can get a bit noisy if you're trying to nap during the day. Or if there's a big soccer match on at night like when I was there! Other than that I had a nice stay at Mami Camilla and would go back again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends