Hotel Caravel Sorrento
Hotel Florida(Sant'Agnello)
Hotel Londra(Sant'Agnello)
  • Pool
1,180 results
All reviewscourtesy buslovely hotelhalf boardroof terracesminute walkevening mealstorage spacea quiet residential areabay of naplesfree minibusminibus servicegood sizereception staffsalad barplenty of sunbedsbuffet breakfastsant agnello
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Staff in the hotel were very friendly and the reception area very helpful. There was a courtesy bus that took us down into Sorrento every day which was very useful. I
We did not think the food rated a four star hotel more a three star. The rooms were very small with extremely small balconies but apparently there were larger ones on offer. We had a bad excperience with the Newmarket coach picking us up at the airport. The hold door containing the luggage was not closed properly and I lost my hand luggage half way there. It was handed in at Pompeii Police station 3 days later.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room if possible standard are not so good
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PATCHWORKM
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was booked because it had such good trip advisors reviews. It certainly didn't disappoint us. It was booked as a surprise for my partners "special" birthday, and he had no idea where he was going. He was really delighted.
The hotel is in a quiet area, a short distance from the main road. Its about a 10-15 walk to the local station. (turn left at the top of the road). It was within easy reach of Naples and the other historic sites, which were all accessible by the local train at a reasonable cost. Local restaurants and shops nearby too.
The room we had was spacious, with a nice size large balcony, although being on the first floor we had a pleasant view, but not quite of Vesuvius.
It was wonderfully clean, and kept so through our weeks trip. The air con was used occasionally and was worth having.
The room had a TV (which kept coming on when you put your key in for the rooms electric, till we switched off the TV itself!!) There was a small fridge, which was full of items to purchase.(the usual beer/soft drinks and water at higher prices)
I took my small travel kettle and we bought some milk. ( I believe that there was a charge to loan a kettle with tea and coffee provided) We were able to have a cup of tea in the mornings.
The en-suite shower room was clean and fresh. Yes, the towels were not what we are used to, however they did the job. There was also a small good hairdryer in there.
The evening meals were chosen at breakfast. A good idea as it keeps costs and waste down. Some meals were repetitive, but in all they were good, with some good choice. We certainly didn't go hungry. We had a lot of lovely fish.
The hotel was clean and tidy. There are lifts to the 4th floor, and then steps to the top sun terrace. The pool area was small, and it seemed a shame that people would put towels on the sunbeds and disappear for a long while. Fortunately there was the sun terraces on the top floors, which both had showers to cool off under. Pool towels could be "hired"
The staff were really helpful and friendly, it makes a pleasant holiday to converse with staff as you went out and returned.
The free shuttle bus was an added bonus. Although you can walk into Sorrento, the two routes are not entirely travelled on footpaths. OK in the daylight, but not at night. It was nice to get the shuttle bus back to the Depending on the heat.
There was free internet. We had no issue with it at all. It worked in our room on our phones, and there was a couple or computers to use in the reception area.
A bar provided waiter service, along with snacks at reasonable prices.
Would certainly go back to this hotel it we returned to Sorrento.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room, although not all rooms have Naples bay and Vesuvius as a view, it could be requested.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HollyJane
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Caravel is a very well run hotel, spotlessly clean and comfortable, notable for its friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are not huge but perfectly adequate. The hotel is fully air-conditioned with a good pool, a solarium and plenty of sunloungers. It is on a quiet street and offers a free shuttle service into Sorrento, though you can walk it in 20 mins. Everything about the hotel is very good and visitors should enjoy a nice stay, well located for local siightseeing. Minor gripes include a slow wireless internet service and incessant jazz musack at mealtimes, which personally I could have done without. Overall however we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Caravel to others.

Room Tip: Floors three or four with a sea-view, though the balconies seemed to be smaller in these.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chiantibeatle
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The Caravel is a well run hotel that gives guest five star service. It is in a lovely area of Sant Agnello and is close enough to Sorrento for you to walk , but of course you have the option of the free shuttle bus. We travelled as a family of four and had connecting rooms 317/318 which over look the pool and Vesuvius. The rooms are large and both had new en-suites and are cleaned everyday. The pool is well maintained and there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool and on both roof terraces ,the roof terrace on level 5 has brilliant views. The restaurant is bright and clean and the food overall is good, but the service is exceptional, especially Raphael, who made our stay extra special. The only trip we did was to Pompeii which we went on the train from Sant Agnello I would advise you to get a guide once you get in the main entrance to Pompeii ,it is 10 euros per head for the guide and 11 euros per adult to get in Pompeii ,if your children look older than 16 take their passport because they get in for free. Pompeii covers a huge area and without the guide we would of been wandering around for hours the guided tour last's 2 hours. We will come back to Sorrento as there is still so much we have to see and we will defiantly stay at the Caravel

Room Tip: 317/318 interconnecting rooms with wonderful views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank allsworth1
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have just stayed here for 5 nights and I found the hotel disappointing. It is a typical tourists package hotel, which I didn't realise when I booked it, and we were surrounded by other Brits which isn't really my choice when on holiday. We were upgraded from a standard room to one with a sea view and balcony. Towels were more like tablecloths, so If you are coming I would suggest bringing your own.

We had a half board package, the breakfast and dinner were ok but I you had to choose your three courses for dinner at breakfast time. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The worst thing about this hotel is that it advertises free internet provision throughout the hotel but it is absolutely RUBBISH. The connection is ok but the service is so slow that most pages timeout before you can load them. I complained to the manager who seemed surprised that I was the first person to complain!!!!!! I find that very unlikely. He claimed the problem is in the whole if Sorrento rather than the hotel. If that is the case then the hotels should put pressure on the local telecom companies to improve it. I couldn't write a review while I was there as trip advisor wouldn't load!

Room Tip: Email and ask for balcony and sea view in advance, we got one but didn't have to pay for it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family