“fabulous hotel”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
Cheshire
“fabulous hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here in July and found the hotel perfect, Although it is not in Sorrento it is just a 20 min walk away. The free hotel bus was really good and even if it was booked up they would put another bus on. The food was really good. we had our 17 year old son with us who is really fussy but he was able to choose from the extensive children's menu - but an adult sized portion. things like pizza or spaghetti Bolognese. The train station is just up the road and this goes to Pompeii or Naples (which is awful). There is also a bus stop nearby which takes you to Amalfi/Positano. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and ignore the negative reviews!

Room Tip: A balcony is a must!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dee962

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

we recently spent our honeymoon at the hotel caravel .we had an absolutely brilliant time, we could not fault anything .....the staff were fantastic, food and wine excellent, spotlessly clean,very comfortable with a lovely atmosphere, perfect location, what more could we say , 1st class hotel we would recommend to anybody, we will definately be returning .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tony a
merseyside
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel make the place work, they are welcoming , happy, polite and professional. We had a prompt check in with a speedy brief from the reception staff. We had requested a quiet room at the back of the hotel on a high floor. (and that's what we got). An amazing view from the small balcony with no sun from midday. (room 412). The room was ample size, spotlessly clean offering a great nights sleep with a comfy bed and black out blinds. It was a pleasure to take in the view in the mid afternoon with a cool shade on the balcony. There was also a sun terrace on the 4th floor with about 10 sunbeds and a shower. I only used it for 5 mins due to the extreme heat.
Well stocked buffet breakfast , watched over by a great team of very polite and attentive staff. You book your evening meal at breakfast time. The food in the evening was just ok, but found the choice pattern rather repetitive and so only had 4 out of 7 meals there. Very good pool, spotlessly clean, always plenty of sunbeds. Overall this is a very good hotel, located in a beautiful quiet area of San't Agnello. It is run with the upmost efficiency, offers great service and good value for money. Plenty of quality eateries on your doorstep, and regular free courtesy bus in to Sorrento. I would certainly pay the little extra for a balcony.

Room Tip: High floor, small balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bullwinkle66
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ignore all the whinny morons this is an excellent hotel, clean comfy, nicely decorated rooms, aircon, nice balcony views, safe quite area with some wonderful restaurants nearby. The breakfast is great selection and we ate so well no need for lunch, they give you ample time to come down as it runs from 7 am 10 am if you miss that you must be lazy or badly hungover. The staff are so attentive and recognise you individually so much so they sorted out our wifi issues and told us so on our way in. I have stayed at a load of 4 and 5 star hotels in my work career and this one is one of the best I've stayed in due to the staff. There is also a free regular shuttle bus to Sorrento which whrn a taxi cost 22 euro a really money saver

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank gary1992
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The trip was our second to Sorrento but our first to the Hotel Caravel. We selected the hotel because on our previous visit we stayed outside Sorrento and felt a bit isolated. Hotel Caravel was certainly more convenient for the centre of Sorrento but also to use public transport so I'd certainly recommend it for it's convenient location.

The hotel itself was an excellent choice with the friendliest staff I've met in a very long time throughout the hotel. The food was brilliant, good quality and portion size with Pasta dishes that were outstanding. The room was good, well decorated and very clean.

I would strongly recommend the hotel and will certainly return to it in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Andrew W
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What can I say... This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.
The staff were exceptional, nothing was too big of an ask! We stayed on the half board basis and there was a large variety of food for breaksfast, at times spoilt for choice, as for the evening meal, wow - the food was delicious and if like me you think "I'm on holiday I'll give it a go" I would highly recommend to do this, you wont be disappointed.
The rooms spotless and cleaned daily, free airconditioning, safe and fridge in room with no extra charge. Wifi and use of their computers €2.00 for the week.
The views from the roof terrace are incredible, we spent many an evening watching the sunset from up there.
Sorrento was easy accesible, either a nice 20 minute walk or the hotel have a free minibus running throughout the day, but bewarned, the traffic into Sorrento can be very slow at times, thus making the bus run slightly late.
On our departure, we had an early start, awaiting for us was a packed breakfast and a thankyou, its the little touches like this that make a holiday that little bit more special.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank D V
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed August 27, 2013

While hotel itself is not bad, but it is just average. Rooms are small for a 4 star. The main drawback back was that it is far from Sorento. The front desk girl said its 20 minutes wall from Sorento, ok, i hope she was joking. They have a shuttle bus, that works on a schedule, i think every half an hour. Out of 4 Times we used it, it was late 3 Times. Once for half an hour. So, that was a major inconveniente, and we desided to cancell and stay there by one night.

But the main fault happened during breakfast. We stayed up late and I caught the last mi utes of breakfast. When I walked in there were still people there, and I sat at the table with no tunics on it. I was completely ignored, and no untencils were never brought. Servers acted like they didn't notice I was there. I took some bread, and tea, and boiled an egg. But not enough, sadly, and when I tried to peel it it broke in my hands, and basically ended up all liquids on my hands and plate. So everything was messed up by this undercooked egg. One of the servers threw a napkin at me so I could clean my hands. When got up to get more food, as mine was not edible, the serving area with food was completely empty. There was nothing left. No bread, nothing.
I couldn't believe my eyes. So, they saw me sitting there, and started cleaning up without even asking if I need anything!!. I looked at the clock, it was 10 minutes past 10. So they started cleaning exactly at 10, with a client sitting there, not even making a tiny effort to confirm with a client that she is done with food. That's really unspeakable.
They all wear very nice informs, and restaurant looks really nice but what isn't worth if the service is so terrible? I asked for bread and they brought few pieces from the kitche, but the whole impression was just awfull. I didn't even have time to bring some for my friend that was still sleeping in a room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank yanochka2
hotelcaravel, Manager at Hotel Caravel Sorrento, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for having shared your opinion on Tripadvisor. I would like to clarify that the Hotel is 1 kilometer far from Piazza Tasso, the center of Sorrento. It means that walking slowly is no more than 20 minutes. Our shuttle is very reliable but it can happen that coming back you could wait a short amount of time as sometimes in Sorrento there is plenty of traffic.

We are really sorry that you were not happy with the breakfast. The restaurant closes at 10.00am but this is the time that the restaurant staff ask you to arrive by, but until. If you were to arrive at 10am this is fine, and you can have your breakfast in a relaxed and leisurely fashion.

Regarding the boiled egg, we are sorry that it wasn’t boiled enough, that’s why we have a board that suggests guests to boil their own egg for at least 8 minutes.

Hoping to welcome you again in Hotel Caravel,

Best regards,
Carlo Liccardi
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento
#11 of 19 in Sant'Agnello
Villa Garden Hotel
Villa Garden Hotel
#1 of 19 in Sant'Agnello

Been to Hotel Caravel Sorrento? Share your experiences!