“Luxury Villa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
London, United Kingdom
“Luxury Villa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been on my hooneymoon for 4 nights in this incredible Villa !!!! We have received a new room with all the conforts and private garden !!! The Villa has a beautifull garden with the pool and it's far only few meters from the beach and 10 minutes by walk from Sorrento center. The breakfast in the garden was great and rich of alternative. The staff is really friendly and help us to chooise the best place to visit and the best restaurant!!!!!!! We suggest this Hotel to all the people that are searching an encharming place with few rooms in a big space... :- ))) We will come back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed at Villa dei D'armiento for 6 nights during our honeymoon. I have to say our room and the hotel in general was stunning, the nicest we have ever stayed in probably. We stayed in room 101 and it was huge, I mean huge! We had two balconies, a seating area and a massive bathroom. It was perfect for staying in a hotel for quite a long period of time. It definitely felt like we were on our honeymoon!
However....we really did want to love this hotel but it just didn't do it for us. It was as if someone with an amazing eye for design has decorated and renovated this hotel but then the people that are running it really have no idea how to run a hotel of this standard. At times it felt like we were getting the level of service you would get in a budget B&B or hostel. At no time were the staff rude or anything, they were very pleasant, but just not the kind of service you would expect and generally there were a lot of areas for improvement. I guess we were/are just a bit disappointed that such a stunning hotel and location isn't fulfilling its full potential.
However I would highly recommend this hotel but just go knowing you're not going to get 5* service or treatment, this isn't a luxury hotel. But you also wont get the personal service and local knowledge I have experienced in similar hotels. It’s all just pretty basic and going through the motions.
- More specifically I gave the hotel directly the following comments with their replies directly afterwards.

Overall we found the recommendations for restaurants from the staff weak and didn’t fit with the clientele you are marketing to. We ate one night at the local restaurant you recommend and get the 10% discount at and the food was good but the actually restaurant was awful. The decor and setting was horrible – we felt like we were in an old people’s home with the TV blaring away. You should really only be recommending other establishments that you would be proud to represent and think your guest would like. If there really isn’t any good local restaurants to the hotel, say this and tell your guests to go into Sorrento. When the new young lady was recommending restaurants to us on the first night it felt like she was just reeling off the restaurants she had been told to promote rather than a genuine recommendation. Being a guest in Sorrento we want to get genuine recommendations from locals not be told the same thing we can find in a guide book.
D’armiento - “Il Capanno (restaurant with 10% discount), I know that isn’t beautiful but is the nearest restaurant and we suggest it for an “easy” lunch/dinner if somebody don’t have time to go away”

- Overall the service was helpful but nowhere near the standard I would expect for a hotel charging £250 per night. Often I felt bad having to ask for something as if I was being a nuisance. I’m not sure how you can improve this but I think out of everyone Maria was the most helpful and got the right tone but we did feel like we were an annoying guest in someone’s house rather than a guest being treated like a VIP.

- Breakfast was quite pleasant but again not really the standard I would have expected. Just little things like having to ask for juice rather than just having it out, and the cereal being from packets rather than having nice jars of them. The bread was also pre-packaged and would have been nice to have had some local fresh bread. Also some local jams and honey in bowels to help yourself to rather than pre-packed jars. I know we could have asked for eggs to be cooked but again I felt a pain to ask for this. It might have been nice to have had a small menu with a few choices for hot food that could have been made to order – scrambled eggs with bacon, poached eggs on toast etc. Some more fresh fruits would also have been nice or a fresh fruit salad using some of the oranges and grapefruit from the garden. Also the touch to have packets of biscuits and chocolates on the main dining room table is nice but again having these in packets and not particularly great quality products really counter-acts the nice thought in the first place. Instead a nicely set out refreshment station in the kitchen with tea and coffee with hot water, a jug of flavoured water or juice with a small selection of freshly made cakes or biscuits available to guests to help themselves to throughout the day would be a nice touch.

D’armineto - “I’m really sorry for your words: “Often I felt bad having to ask for something as if I was being a nuisance.... but again I felt a pain to ask for this”, but we try to give to our guests the “idea of home” so they can do many thinks by themselves or with our help. For example the juices are in the fridge in the morning to give a fresh juice and for igienic reason (to avoid for the juice pass from cold to hot many times).
Every breakfast of new guests we advise to ask us for juice, coffè...and eggs, we prefer to do it to avoid to put paper on the table like a classic hotel.”

- The wifi was REALLY annoying! The signal was really bad in our room getting mostly only 1 bar on the wifi but the most annoying thing was that every time you switched off your phone or it went to sleep, even for a couple of minutes you had to input your whole user name and password again – every time!! This doesn’t sound like a big deal but it really, really annoyed me and I’ve never seen this in any other hotel I’ve stayed in. You really need to find a system that remembers your details so you can log on at any time not having to re enter your details.
D’armiento – “About the wi-fi we have asked many times to change the issue but at the moment no good news...”
- As the TV channels for English speakers are so poor and limited to only news stations I was very disappointed to see that we would have to pay for films. Many other small hotels we’ve stayed in have a DVD player in each room and a selection of DVD’s to be able to borrow from reception. I think this would be a really great addition.
D’armiento - “Regarding the tv channel, we offer SKY channel that are the best company of tv channel in Italy with many foreign channel and the possibility to change the language in many channel from Italian to English.”
- When we arrived we had no towels in our room – pretty poor really. Generally the quality of the towels in the room was quite poor, especially when we found out the same towels are used by the pool. The robes in the room were also far too large for me and so large that I couldn’t really use it. We have stayed in a hotel recently where they had one small and one extra large robe in each room as standard and larger robes could be requested if needed.
D’armiento – “The towels are the same for room and pool because the laundry cannot help us on that...and the robe is big because it’s difficult to have them in more size.”

- Generally I was quite disappointed with the quality of the toiletries in the bathroom. I would have expected some really nice products but they are pretty standard and very small bottles as well, plus in the 6 days that we were there they were not replaced even though some of the items had been used.
No response from D’armiento
- It would be good if there was a call button or intercom at the pool to be able to get hold of someone at reception to be able to order drinks rather than having to go into the house in your swimwear to find someone.
No reply from D’armiento

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101 which was fantastic - 2 balconies, huge bathroom and great bedroom.
2 Thank Charliet
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

After a hectic sightseeing trip in Rome, Villa D'Armiento was the perfect place for the second half of our Italy trip. The staff were so nice and helpful, with everything from airport transfers to restaurant reccomendations. Very relaxing in peaceful Sant'Agnello, a 20 minute walk from the more busy Sorrento centre, with amazing views of the ocean just 2 minutes along the street. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We booked a junior suite expecting a balcony and a bathtub (we were assured in the email) but were offered one of the two ground floor rooms built recently next to the ping pong area. It had its own small garden so it was cute and the interior design was great but was disappointed about the lack of bathtub after a LONG friday evening drive from Naples.
We had to call the lovely lady at the front desk twice to fix the sky tv and the window that wouldn't shut (which was fixed the next day) which at this price bracket should all have been in top form.
But then again, it is Italy..
The breakfast is great and cappuccinos one of the best we had on the trip. It was nice to be away from busy Sorrento and when you do want to go into town, the 15 euro cab trip came quickly when ordered. The hotel recommended for us to go to La Cappana restaurant nearby and Inn Bufalito in Sorrento and we loved them both!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank poopieandbobs
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed May 31, 2012

By now most reviewers have raved about Villa dei D'Armiento, and I can only pile on. The renovation of this 18th century villa into a boutique hotel is masterfully done. We stayed in one of the Superior rooms, and while smaller than the De Luxe room we peeked into, provides ample space and amenities for the budget minded traveler. Besides the beautiful garden, free parking, pool and comfortable communal living areas is the most accommodating staff one could hope to encounter. Maria, Emiliana and the two dear women who cooked and served breakfast made staying at D'Armiento a real pleasure. I highly recommend the Villa to anyone interested in a first class base on the Amalfi Coast.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the higher floors for a good view of the sea.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Villa dei D'Armiento was exactly as we would have wanted.
My wife and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniverssary and wanted a relaxing few days away, it certainly was.
The Villa itself was amazing, clean, welcoming, great gardens, excellent location and spotless throughout. The garden in particular was a real plus, beautiful and great for breakfast on a warm spring morning.
The staff were welcoming, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. All that we wanted, an excellent stay, we'll be back!
Thank You!

Room Tip: Fantastic terrace on the top floor room with a great view of the coast and the skyline.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We started our 1st visit to Amalfi with a 4 night stay in the junior suite at the Villa dei D'Armiento. Everything was perfect right from the start, with the transport from the Naples airport, the pleasant reception, the glorious villa and our lovely room. Breakfast was very pleasant and enjoyable as if we were guests and visiting our friends. Everyone in the villa were very friendly and helpful with any of our questions. Overall an excellent stay and highly recommended to whoever wants to visit Sorrento/Amalfi.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento
#37 of 100 in Sorrento
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori
#11 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Villa dei D'Armiento? Share your experiences!