“Excellent food ”
Review of Trattoria La Perla

Trattoria La Perla
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Description: A family-run Italian Trattoria, where owners still make food like the old traditional Mediterranean kitchen, but surprising their guests also with modern versions. You can choose a large variety of dishes, we can guarantee the freshness of our products, you won't regret! Friendly service and good food: Welcome in Sorrento Coast!
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food, great atmosphere. Real Italian trattoria. The chef is great, so talented but super humble. Service is super nice! Highly recommend

Reviewed June 9, 2019

Eat here! It will be a memorable experience. We enjoyed our first meal so much that we came back again during our 4 day stay in Sorrento. The chef/owner sits down with you when you arrive to learn about what you like (and don't like), and makes recommendations. The food is amazing. Be sure to get the lemon ravioli over eggplant. One of the best dishes I've ever had. On our second visit, I didn't particularly like my dish (just personal preference, it was well-prepared), and the chef/owner noticed (I hadn't said a word) and insisted that I order something else (at no charge). Both the chef owner and the head waiter are delightful and funny. All in all, it's a wonderful experience. And when you get the bill (there is no menu), you'll be shocked -- at how inexpensive the meal is. I'd give it 6 stars for value if I could.

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

They say Italians know the way to your heart through the food they serve you and that honestly could not be more true with La Perla! If you are looking for the true authentic Italian experience, this is the place where you will find it. Thoughtful, carefully prepared and unique - every course was impeccably served and the owner took great care in making sure we had an amazing experience. A definite must try if you find yourself near Sorrento!

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We wandered in here by chance on the way to our villa and were so glad we did. We were surprised by the lack of menus, but it was great to have the chef take our orders and make us each something tailored to our tastes. Both kids loved the experience and ordering gluten free was no problem. Prices were reasonable, and everything we ordered had beautifully balanced flavors. I can’t recommend this place enough.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic food and service! I found this place as we were staying nearby and I’m so glad we did. They didn’t provide us with menus. Tony the chef came out and asked us what we wanted to eat and he recommended a couple pasta dishes for us to share. The lemon ravioli and the seafood gnocchi were one of the best dishes I’ve ever had in my life! The service was also wonderful. Tony came by to check on us a couple times. The only thing is I wonder if they charged more for tourists? I took a menu written in Italian later and our dishes seemed to be 1 euro more than what was displayed but that’s a small detail. It was still one of the best meals I’ve ever had!

Date of visit: May 2019