“Seven Hostel, Sant Agenello, Sorrento”
Review of Seven Hostel

Seven Hostel
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Great place to stay! More like a hotel than a hostel, very funky decor and a great atmosphere. I can only begin to imagine how great it would be to visit in the summer, it has a huge rooftop area where there looks to be a bar but unfortunately due to the time of year I visited it wasnt open. However the bar downstairs was great and served good food if you didnt want to wander far.
Theres not much to do in Sant Agnello but the hostel is a great place to stay if you dont mind being 1 train stop away from the bustle of Sorrento. Breakfast is included in the price and you get a 20 percent discount on meals if you are staying at the hostel.
They very kindly offered me transport to my next hostel in Sorrento as they were closing for the season.

Room Tip: I would imagine they are all as good as eachother (all have really funky names too!)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Seven Hostel

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have stayed at Seven Hostel with groups of friends and then again with my parents. The rooms are clean, modern and spacious and they also offer private rooms that are superior to most hotel accommodations we looked into in the area. The rooftop bar is a gem...perfect place to grab a cocktail and watch the sun set over the port. The bar can get busy on Saturday nights in the summer as Seven is clearly a hotspot of locals, but overall the vibe is relaxed and comfortable. Seven Hostel is a perfect home base for anyone looking to explore the Amalfi Coast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Seven Hostel is the best hostel that I have stayed at in 5 months of travelling. The chef was amazing. His brownies are delicious. He is the king of the brownie. White or chocolate. Your choice.
I loved the staff. The women at the desk helped us with all our questions about our room and provided us with towels! The manager was so helpful and wanted us to have heaps of fun at night with our room. He encouraged a really fun vibe. It was awesome.
We also had this really cool Italian who performed. Great songs. Great voice. Great dancing. He was so fun and he is here every fortnight when he can be, so I really urge you to check him out. He is hot on the Italian scene right now.
It is just a walk to the beach, a stroll to a great restaurant, a bus to a beautiful view, and a minute to the best drinks at the rooftop bar. This is also a great place to grab a tan.
So much fun, the best place you will ever stay.
We love you hostel Seven. Thanks Mick. The Sunshine Team, Summer 2011- never forgotten. What a blast. This is a place where you can really make the best of your day.

Room Tip: Sunshine all the way.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed for five nights in April 2011. When I arrived, the receptionist took me up to my room. Unfortunately, every bed was taken. It took about 20 minutes to be reallocated to a different dorm. Not a big problem, but irritating after a long journey.

The whole hostel was spotless - it's new, and kept clean. The beds were comfortable, however, I found it very hard to sleep because the place was so incredible noisy. The first two nights I was there, there was some sort of club night going on in the bar. If you want a party hostel, that's fine, but I wanted to sleep, and it was so loud I couldn't just hear the beat of the music from my bed, I could hear every single lyric. But at least I could've joined in if I wanted to. On the third night, however, the downstairs are had been hired out for a private party, which was even louder than before and just walking through the downstairs area I was made to feel like I shouldn't be there.

The hostel seems to primarily cater for large groups. Almost everyone else staying there seemed to know each other, so it wasn't really the kind of place a single traveller could mingle easily.

When I checked out, the receptionist had no idea how to use the card machine, and there was no one around to help him. He tried three times and in the end I had to show him myself. This took so long it meant that I missed my train and had to wait in the station for half an hour, even though I'd made sure to be at reception with plenty of time to spare.

The rooftop area really is spectacular. The best part of the hostel by miles, and the reason I'm giving it 3/5 instead of less. The views from there are incredible, and there are several comfy sofas. However, they call it a rooftop bar, but the bar was only open one of the five nights I was there, the rest of the time it was a quiet lounge area - which actually suited me better!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is the best hostel I've ever been, actually it is called a hostel but is infact a hotel. I can only suggest get a room now if you are going in the neighbourhood of Sorrento. There is everything you want at an insignificant price. Even real hotel rooms with WC at half the normal fee. Brand new furniture, Free internet, clean rooms, lounge bar, fun people, you name it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2011

A really great place to stay just outside sorrento. As others have said, a little out of the way but train station is 10 mins or so away. Food was ok and pretty cheap to be honest. But the best feature for us was the rooftop bar. Great to meet people and relax.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Very pleased with the accommodations. Huge hostel with nice rooftop bar. Would recommend anyone staying in the Sorrento area to definitely stay here. 10 min walk from the train station. Go on Enrique's boat tour - a must. He caters to your every need on the way to Capri. Tour lasts all Fay long and you spend a good 5 hours on the island.
Staff at Seven could have been a little nicer but all in all would stay here again. Don't stay more than 3 days because you will get bored! Rooftop bar is over run by locals at night.

• Stayed: June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Florida
#3 of 19 in Sant'Agnello
Hotel Club Sorrento
Hotel Club Sorrento
#14 of 19 in Sant'Agnello

Been to Seven Hostel? Share your experiences!