“What a great place!”

Villa Martha - Adults only Hotel
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

La Villa Martha is a gem. Matteo is the greatest host, always attentive, always providing high quality. The place has only 3 stars but feels like 10! The room was very comfortable and clean. The food is delicious. The overall atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. Would definitely come back...

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This tripmreport is long overdur! We spent three wonderful nights at Hotel Villa Martha at the end of September. I have been to the Dolomites before, and have stayed in some nice places, but this one is the best! I had the feeling from the playfulness on the website that Villa Martha must be a special place, and that proved very true. From the moment we were warmly welcomed by Matteo, to the moment we had to say good-bye to him and his family, everything was perfect. The room, the view, and oh my, the food! I cannot imagine dining anywhere else if you are staying here. It was late in the season and we were almost the only guests, but a tasty and abundant breakfast buffet greeted us each morning, along with a menu of the evening meal so we could look forward to it. And so we did, as we worked up an appetite with hiking or mountain biking.

The four-course dinners were a wonderful showcase of the best of Tyrolian cuisine and Matteo's talents. Everything was so good I generally could not leave room for dessert, but my family vouched for the excellence of that too. The wine list offered a good selection of reasonably priced wines. This was, in short, the best half-board experience we have enjoyed anywhere. That, and the lovely views of Sassolungo from our balcony, the warmth and kindness of the family, and the comfort of the rooms, put Hotel Villa Martha at the top of my list of all-time favorites.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After being recommended this hotel by my parents, me and my girlfriend set out for a week of hiking in Val Garden with Hotel Villa Martha as our base camp. And what a base camp it was! From the moment we arrived we felt right at home: the friendly reception, the modern yet cozy room, the wonderful view from the balcony, and the location in the smaller village of Santa Cristina.

The breakfast and dinner was a delight and the service splendid, always going that extra mile to make sure we felt at home. If we needed directions or hiking suggestions the staff took their time and was glad to help us. Upon leaving we were given a wine bottle from a local producer as a souvenir. We will most certainly be coming back, be it for hiking or skiing!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjsjodin
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was the amazing place! Everything was perfect! Room was very clean and snug with a view to Sassolungo! They have very exciting desert show during dinner!
This hotel is very close to the lifts! In the morning it just takes you 5 min to get to by skibus and after skiing you can ski in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dennis-In-Sky
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed at villa Martha with my partner in june 2012,whilst cycling the maratona dles dolomites, accommodation was clean,warm and comfortable.
It is family owned and run and we were made to feel very welcome and they could not do enough for us, very helpful. Breakfast "continental" was a feast something for eveyone.
The evening meal was always something to look forward to, we even had delicious deserts made in full view of all the diners and it was a treat.
All in all fantastic place to stay and a good location for travelling around the Dolomites, we liked it so much that we have just booked another we week for 2013 !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at Villa Martha for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. Matteo and his family were always available and extremely helpful. The hotel is beautiful and minutes walk from everything you could possibly want to do. Our only regret is we never ate dinner there. It smelled delicious and everything else we had was great.
Thanks Matteo!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Villa Martha for 4 nights and had a phenomenal time. It is absolutely beautiful, there are many trails nearby and it's wallking distance from the local town. The breakfast was excellent as well. I highly recommend staying here. I am a 28 year old female and I read so much about the Dolomites and was unsure where the best location was and I am so thankful I found the reviews on tripadvisor . I traveled to Italy alone this summer, and I have never hiked alone. The staff at the hotel assisted me with all of my questions I had and I had an experience of a lifetime!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
#3 of 21 in Santa Cristina Valgardena
Alpenhotel Plaza
Alpenhotel Plaza
#13 of 21 in Santa Cristina Valgardena

Been to Villa Martha - Adults only Hotel? Share your experiences!