Tripadvisor
Santa Cristina Valgardena
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews outdoor heated pool shuttle bus hard days skiing fantastic hotel vegan menu just returned from this hotel skiing holiday santa cristina our room was spacious the hotel offers great holiday the hotel staff shuttle service val gardena eduardo gym slopes
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2019 via mobile

How many superlative compliments can I give Hotel Dosses? The best I can say is that I travel everywhere and I never go back to the same place because I want variety. I plan to come back to Val Gardena and stay at Hotel Dosses again. We came because of recommendations from Norwegian friends and all of the repeat visitors we met, said they also came because of recommendations. Here is my recommendation. Come. In the summer, the location is fantastic with its view of Sassalungo. The guided hiking and biking programs which are included free daily are incomparable to what other places offered. The staff offered free bus passes, maps and excellent additional suggestions of what to do and where to go.

We stayed in one of the balcony rooms with the view of Sassolungo. The room furnishings and amenities were very high class. The spa is extensive and the decor is fabulous. The entire hotel smells wonderful and is very clean. The heated pool was fantastic to use in the afternoons after hiking. One of the reasons people come back is the food. Multiple choices offered on the menus for dinner are healthy, gourmet, naturally sourced when possible, and local wine offerings are extensive. I loved the orange and vegetable juicers that allowed you to make your own smoothies in the morning. If you get the chance in the summer to go on the hike which offers the BBQ in the mountains, do it. A multi course meal with beer and wine in the middle of the most beautiful valley, surrounded by mountains, will be a highlight, like it was for us.

It is the hotel staff from the owners, to reception, to the bar, to the restaurant, and the cleaning personnel who make this such a special place. Everyone is friendly, helpful and they treated us like honored guests, NOT tourists. This was so refreshing compared to other places I have stayed. I want to say please come and experience this place for yourself, but I don’t want this place to become too popular. I want to always be able to come back.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

First of all, I don’t want you to read this review, I want to keep this place a hidden gem. There are two wintersport-hotels in this category that have this level of what the kitchen delivers,
Hotel Dosses and The Waldhof in St-Ankton. Absolutely amazing... the rooms are ok, the shuttle service (you will need them!) to the slopes are ok. The village is compared to Wolkenstein a little sleepy, but Dosses is such a great culinary-experience. Don’t miss it

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and 15-year-old son for a skiing holiday, and I would thoroughly recommend the hotel. Our room was spacious, comfortable and everything worked very well. The food was good and varied, though not unforgettable, and all the facilities were great, from spa to gym, to pool table to heated outdoor pool. The staff were efficient and friendly, with a special mention for our waiter Jozeph. The hotel is within walking distance of the nearest cabin lift to the slopes, though it’s a bit of a hike with ski boots on. However the hotel has its own shuttle service to and from all the lifts in town. It could do with another driver to avoid waiting time in busy periods and it would also be nice if the service went on for another half hour in the afternoon because if you ski all day, and so get back when the lifts close, the driver may no longer be available.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2019

We had the opportunity to visit Hotel Dosses a few days ago. We stayed for eight nights and had a wonderful time! Our family consists of two adults and four daughters.

The hotel and the persons working for the hotel are really excellent and proud and happy of their work. During the stay we had many questions and we got good answers to all of them.

The hotel offers excellent breakfast and the dinner is 10+. In the morning Gerhard, the driver, takes you to the near lifts or slopes and back , if needed. When you arrive a light dinner is waiting for you. The hotel is located perfectly in Saint Christina center. The hotel has a big terrace where you can enjoy the light meal before dinner in the clearest sun shine.

Our children enjoyed very much the children club and it's host Sonja. There are many games that you can play. Also the outside pool was big and our daughters enjoyed swimming there after the skiing.

Me and my wife used the gym every morning. The gym was much bigger than you can imagine from the web page pictures. All the needed equipment: run mats, cycles, power equipment was there.

The hotel was and is excellent, but so were also the slopes and cross country tracks. I have never skied on such cross country tracks that Alpe di Siusi offers. The tracks are located in around 2000 m. You have around 80 km of prepared tracks. When you try to ski fast, one will be surprised how quickly you get tired :)!

To summarize: excellent hotel with very nice people, small but very nice town with excellent slopes and tracks! Would we come back? YES!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Maximilian M
Reviewed February 18, 2019

Just back from 8 days skiing in Santa Cristina. Hotel Dosses was fantastic - this is the first review I have ever written so it must be above and beyond the norm to get me writing. The rooms were great (we were a family of 5 in next door rooms) - spacious, plenty of space to store stuff and impeccably clean. The gym and outdoor pool were also fantastic - we used both daily. The food was also great - good breakfast with options for everybody, afternoon cakes were good and dinner was amazing. We all thought the option of having a more simple menu if the choices on the daily menu weren't quite what you wanted was a really good idea. And the staff at Hotel Dosses were generally very charming and skilled - receptionists very helpful, cleaners brilliant and the restaurant staff lovely and very friendly, especially Eduardo and Leonardo. The shuttle bus to take you and collect you from the lifts (even though they are actually fairly close) was also brilliant - you start and end the day calm and cheerful, not lugging skis around and trying not to slip on pavements. Thank you, everyone!

Room tip: We had Alpina rooms, great view of Saslong, nice balcony and although overlooking the main street, very quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family