“Do not miss”
Review of Osteria dei Poeti

Osteria dei Poeti
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Sansepolcro
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Do not miss”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We found this place by pure chance whilst walking by on our first day in Sansepolcro. We stopped by that same day for lunch and have been back several times since. The food is consistently good, excellent value for money with really good service each time. The owner and his wife are really nice people and very accommodating. I would highly recommend. An example is: pizza for two, with complimentary starter, a litre of red wine, a bottle of mineral water for EUR 24! Give it a shot, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013

London
“Again and again amazing food!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Sansepolcro the 06/03/2013 so I decided to go again to Osteria dei Poeti, like I normally do when I go there for business. I can say that these guys keep the consistency of their work very high, if not higher every time. The quality and freshness of the food is second to none. Home made breads and pizzas that come warm straight from the oven are very yummy. The pasta selection is great and you are guaranteed a real "al dente". For secondi, is hard to decide between the fish or meat as both are just great. Service is impeccable, Fulvio the waiter seems that reads your mind and is a step ahead. Then Cesare and Ramona (chef and proprietors) are very lovely people that take pride in what they do and are very friendly making sure that each client is happy and taken care. Definitely I will come again...

Visited March 2013
2 Thank edolondon1965
Nelson, New Zealand
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here.

To start she had the fried zucchini flowers with mozzarella and was surprised to find everything in the dish deep fried. For antipasti I had the Frutti de Mare - mussels and clams in a broth.

We both had the house wine - a dry red for my wife and a slightly effervescent white for me.

Our mains were Gnocchi for me and Sea Bream for my wife, which was a whole fish.

The service was extremely attentive and apart from the deep fried surprise, the food was excellent. The ambience in the restaurant is delightful and it was encouraging to see so many locals eating there too.

Like many Italian restaurants a small street frontage opens up to a surprisingly large interior, which in this case is separated into two parts so that diners still get the feel of intimacy you get in a small restaurant.

We also liked the value for money here.

4 Thank BruceFarquhar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fish and pizza in town!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you're in the town of Sansepolcro and looking for a great meal of fish or a real Italian pizza then this is the place, great food, customer service and a you're sure to love the restaurant ambience, vaulted ceilings and very welcoming

1 Thank benjmullens
Anghiari, Italy
“Great Chef, Even better prices”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We live in Anghiari and love this restaurant. It is a great value and the staff is great. The only problem is that it is popular, so it can be crowded with families from time to time. We love sitting outside and the veal sacalopine is as good as i have ever had.

• Visited October 2012