“A Tuscan Classic”

Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Sansepolcro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Da Ventura is one of my favourite restaurants. The trolley of antipasti is marvellous, as is the home-made pasta (with white truffles when available). Watching the Tris Di Carne, a trolley of three meats - roast porchetta and shin of veal, chianti-braised beef - induces uncontrollable mouth watering. There's nothing trendy or innovative, the menu hasn't changed for years, just very traditional Tuscan dishes and serious, attentive service. I first ate here 27 years ago, visit several times a year as I live in a nearby valley, and I always leave feeling happy.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went into Sansepolcro looking for Restaurante Fiorentino which had been recommended by the American owners of the villa we were staying at. Upon arrivIng at Fiorentino there was a young man coming out of the restaurant. He explained that it was closed for cleaning & that he was the owners son. He apologized for the restaurant being closed & said any other time he would cook for us but he had to be somewhere. We asked him where we should eat & he recommended Da Ventura where he said the food was excellent. We walked over to the restaurant which was quite nice & noticed that it was full of families & businessmen, almost all were Italian except for a large table of French couples. The appetizer trolley was filled with an assortment of delicious vegetables which my vegetarian husband had. Since I eat meat, I had the same assortment but with the addition of several meat appetizers(chopped liver bruschetta, fennel with salume, sausage, carrot & celery with another salume.) If I had known how large this course was, I wouldn't have ordered another course as I was full by the time I had finished everything on my plate, over a dozen items. It was great that one side of the menu was vegetarian so that my husband had no problem finding something to eat. Most restaurants had one non- meat item on the menu & here he had many to choose from. He had delicious homemade ravioli & I had the pasta with wild boar which is a typical Tuscan dish that I had when I last visited in Southern Tuscany. The dessert trolley looked great but we were too full to indulge. I am sorry that this was only voted no. 11 on the list & I think it is because of the negative reviews of the service which surprised me because our waiter was attentive, just not overly friendly. Those reviews were all by Italians who did say the food was good. All in all I definitely would highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Another little gem of a restaurant. Lots of delicious dishes but try the trio of meats - all freshly cooked you get braised veal, roast pork and beef - and a huge portion. You can pick your vegetables from a huge assortment of side dishes. And everything is brought to your table on a fleet of trolleys.

2  Thank Antabouttown
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We love Da Ventura... been coming 2-3 times a year for the last 5 years. Hearty Umbrian/Tuscan dishes with lots of flavours, the freshest ingredients and professional service. It's not flashy or stylish but very authentic.

Don't pass through Sansepolcro without trying the homemade pasta (with truffles and mushrooms), and the glorious Tris di Carne (three meats selection) - with porchetta, beef in chianti and slow-cooked pork shin... coupled with a selection of great side dishes from the trolley (... baked fennel, rosemary-roasted potatoes, stuffed aubergine, seasonal greens etc) ... BUT do leave room for the desserts trolley (and the fab wine list)

PS. They have a few rooms above the restaurant for overnight stays. http://www.albergodaventura.it/

1  Thank CupletBalsac
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We got to this place because it was in our GPS' memory and we were starving! The place is big and nice, pasta is deliciuos, i had the yummiest ravioli with patatoes and bacon! I highly recommend having panna cotta( best ever). Price is average 20 euros p/p

1  Thank travellinglegs