“Easily the best restaurant in Sanremo”
Review of TAVERNA AL 29

TAVERNA AL 29
Ranked #2 of 341 Restaurants in Sanremo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Easily the best restaurant in Sanremo”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Even if the food had been dreadful I would have given this place five stars. Taverna Al 29 is unpretentious and genuinely welcoming, so much so that you'll wonder if you're about to be stung for massive amounts of money. You're not. The owner and staff are actually happy you chose their restaurant, and the food is excellent.
We went as a party of three and each ate three courses. We struggled to pick our favourite as each plate was as good as the last.
The personal touch was lovely, as was the little extras we were given, which numbered more than the courses we paid for, including some excellent home made grappa.
I've been going to Sanremo for work for the past six years. This is undoubtedly the best restaurant I've been to in the town, and far cheaper than others that claim to be better. Even the toilet facilities were excellent.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SJBartley

• Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“A must go in San Remo”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My girlfriend and me had a wonderful evening at this place. We traveled the Cote d'Azur in December. This was definitely the best restaurant on our trip. Very friendly owner who takes care of his guests in a lovely way. Staff is also friendly, the place is beautiful. The food is not cheap but it's worth the price. And if you compare to other places in San Remo it is not expensive. They served a delicious appetizer and grappa at the end for free. The food was amazing. I had pasta as starter and beef as main course. Go for fish instead of meat. The beef was good, my girlfriend's fish was amazing. The portions are not huge, but if you order three courses as you do it usually in Italy, you will receive enough food. And trust me, I am a hungry guy with a good appetite.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank pampuch
Nice, France
“smoke and mirror”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The owner is extremely charming and seems to be very committed to food quality and Ligurian traditions. Wine is perfect and not expensive...Which makes the dissapointment is even worse when plates get on the table...Poor cuisine in general. I even had a stuffed calamari dish that was just terrible. The owner did not seem surprised or particularly concerned...What a pity.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Aurelie H
Saratoga Springs, New York
“An evening to remember”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

A perfect dining experience from the wonderful staff to the atmosphere and then the delicious food
amenities at the beginning and end
Of the meal
And a
Feeling of wanting to come back As soon as possible

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lucaboy3
Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
“Taverna Al 29”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The service is good, and the food is very good. The owner of the establishment came to our table, and we were not hurried away from the table when taking a long time eating. The atmosphere of the place is also very cozy, and I would like to eat there again.
Another bonus; the price is reasonable! Hopefully they will not do like many other restaurants with equally good food and raise their prices the minute they get some hype. I was here with friends, and we were all very impressed with the excellent quality of the food and the service.

• Visited October 2013