“Very small, huge portions”

Mini Bar da Antonio
Ranked #88 of 352 Restaurants in Sanremo
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The place is really small and seems to have no restaurant atmosphear. But the surpise has to come. Owners are really friendly and smiling, and with a low budget you can go away with 2 kilos more :) I went there 3 times trying different things, from hotdog to pasta and I can say that every time the portions were really big and really good tasting. I say that you have to try ravioli with mushrooms!

There are newer reviews for Mini Bar da Antonio

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We eat here twice during our stay & wish that we had been able to go more often. If you let the basic facilities put you off (basically there's a small brick built kitchen / diner & a covered area outside) you will be making a huge mistake. The staff are so nice & the food is extraordinary. If you only go once, try the ravioli. It's the greatest pasta dish I have ever tasted. Miss Mini Bar @ your peril.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We went to this place 3 times (one day for lunch and dinner). They serve huge portions of some of the best pasta I've ever had. I had the mushroom pasta and the pesto pasta. It was the best pesto of my entire Italy trip. My boyfriend had the frutti di mare, and he was obsessed with it. He had it 3 times in a row.

The servers are friendly, funny, and make you feel right at home. You will see Antonio himself making the rounds. On our second visit, Antonio poured us free limoncello shots.

Don't be discouraged from the outside appearance. It is a little outdoor stand with an outdoor seating area. But it is the best restaurant we visited in Sanremo.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We always visit Antonio's when visiting San Remo as the food and setting are special! The staff are at pains to create a carefree, Italian ambience. The seafood spaghetti, bibs and all, for example, is designed to share at a cheap price!

2  Thank Stuartjo
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Although beeing every few weeks in San Remo I would have never ran over this place without the recommendations in Tripadvisor. Its in a tiny "restaurant" - actually more a kiosk with seatings -in a quiet and sunny corner of the port but still just a few minutes from the town center.

On saturday noon we had to wait a few minutes but that was well worth it: As most of the guests (regulars) we had the Spaghetti "Frutti di Mare" and I can confirm that you will have a hard time finding these better anywhere at any price. The service was fast and friendly, the place was kept clean and was never offered such efficient napkins (most important with this dish)! Do not expect a lot of comfort and romance but you will come here mainly for the food anyway. And you won't be dissappointed.