“Beyond expectation”

Hotel Taormina & Residence
London, United Kingdom
“Beyond expectation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a good quality, friendly, family run resort hotel. Bright, clean, good food and great value. Lovely pool and bar area and good restaurant.

In my case, I was on a motorbike tour and my bike happened to break down while was there. At times like that you see the true depth of commitment to guests and the hotel went well beyond expectation. They let me use the hotel and facilities all day and when I couldn't get back on the road that day they found me another hotel (Taormina was full) and the manager even drove me there with my luggage!

A great place to spend a few days or just break a journey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank S R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This Hotel is definately worth the money. I recently stayed here with my daughter, I was returning to San Benedetto after living there for 3 years 22years ago and was a bit nervous travelling on my own as a single parent. I found this hotel very welcoming and as soon as I arrived felt secure and safe.
The Hotel is immaculate, the pool is clean and the breakfast was varied and plentiful. The owners were extremely helpful and accomodating I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough it is one of the best I have stayed in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank julliette b
detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here in May 2013. Family owned small hotel with great rates, clean as the cleanest hotels, great breakfast, great service. I only stayed one night after traveling from Rome on my way to Rimini from Detroit and I will definitely be back. I have stayed in many hotels in many places in the world, this one ranks near the very top of my list. Not for all the typical reasons but for the fact that it's just the right combination of everything in a small family owned hotel. Literally one minute from the beach across the street, beautiful, cozy. The rooms are not big. It's not the sort of place you will spend time in the room anyway, it's on the sea! The owner I assume also recommended a nearby restaurant(Brazilian steak house) which was awesome and very affordable. If you want a big corporate hotel, you wouldn't be in San Benedetto anyway, but I recommend this place to anyone and I will be back to spend an anniversary here.

Room Tip: This area is loaded with hotel choices, my friend who came from Italy to USA recommended this one an...