“The seafood was the freshest I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Messer Chichibio

Messer Chichibio
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The seafood was the freshest I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I ate at this restaurant several times as I was on a business trip and few others were open. I do not speak a word of Italian and felt strange at first, but Gino came over and immediately made me feel comfortable. He helped me with the menu. The waiter does the final food preparation at the table which is a nice touch. The seafood was the freshest I have ever had. I had clam sauce one night, shrimp, fried anchovy, etc. The food was amazing. I wanted to point out that while many people have stated that this is a wonderful couples atmosphere, I felt totally comfortable as a single businesswoman. As a matter of fact, there were many other solo businessmen around the restaurant. The food and atmosphere were outstanding.

• Visited April 2014

italy
“Wonderful fish, great deserts, not to miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been a regular at this restaurant for many years and keep going back whenever possible. The menu is not extensive but quality is fantastic, with all dishes being well presented as well. Deserts are also highly recommended. Gino is always there, looking after customers and making sure service is impeccable. Not to be missed if you happen to be in San Benedetto.

• Visited December 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Messer Chichibio = quality.
I have been known this restaurant since Gino and Piero started in a very small location in the city centre of San Benedetto.
Unfortunately the bigger they got the less choice and variety of food is now available, but the quality is always on top.
The chef has got a lot of class. I had the chance to visit the kitchen and let me tell you that it is spot on, super-clean and everything is cooked with high standard ingredients. This is the reason why the price can be not so cheap.
When they were in the old location I went for a New Year dinner party with friends and I must confess that I was a little skeptic, thinking that a fixed menu would not have been of high quality standard, but I had to re-consider my views and the dinner was absolutely fantastic and not even so expensive taking in account that we had lobster!
You can order the brodetto sambenedettese as well but a few days beforehand and if you go there in spring time you might have the chance of tasting monkfish with artichokes! Just lovely!
The portions are very big especially the pasta ones, so my advice is to have starters and share the first course with somebody, so you can have a main course and you must have the dessert, made by the chef from scratch!
Another important thing, Messer Chichibio allows your dogs to spend a lunch or a dinner with you...of course if your furry friend is well behaved. :)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wanderer P
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best fish, romantic atmosphere, superb desserts...love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

best fish, romantic atmosphere, superb desserts...love it!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook