I stayed here with a group and luckily we had a sense of humour otherwise the hotel could have ruined our trip. We would not have wanted more than the three days we had and would certainly never go back. It felt like more like a youth hostel than a hotel. Here are just some of our experiences:
1.Extremely rude English owner – no customer skills whatsoever. Felt like we were imposing every time we asked a question and always got an abrupt, aggressive reply
2.Bathroom was outside the bedroom – if you forget to take your bedroom key you could be stuck outside in a towel (as I experienced!)
3.Bathroom light was on a sensor which meant showering in the dark if you were not standing in the right place! Gaffa tape round the toilet seat
4. Food was terrible – bland, overcooked and poorly presented
5. No real vegetarian option. One night the choice was pork or tuna salad. When we asked what the veggie option was the reply was ‘you can have the salad without the tuna’. Not great when you have been skiing all day. (They did do a tomato pasta in the end).
6. Reception refused to call us a taxi, meaning we had to use English mobiles. When we couldn’t get a taxi they eventually agreed to take us into town in their minivan for 20 euros. However they would only take us three quarters of the way!
7. After dinner you are ushered through to the bar area where, if you are lucky, there will be someone to serve you. However, after 10pm you will get death stares until you leave the bar. We estimate they lost out on about 300 Euros from not being around to serve us a drink when we wanted one
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Des Amis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Des Amis Italy/Province Of Turin