“One of the best experiences of my life!”
Review of Hotel Terrazza

Hotel Terrazza
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Sauze d'Oulx
“One of the best experiences of my life!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I think the waitress Maggie was one of the nicest people I have ever met! Even though the toilet seat did break the rooms were reasonable and the balcony views were amazing.The food was respectable even though there was large amount of people in the hotel. The staff were very helpful!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank LivvyB123

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here with my school when we went skiing. The rooms were slightly compacted but not uncomfortable. I think the beds were of good standard and found that my sleeps were good. Some people complain that the rooms were not tidied but the beds were made, however I have been in hotels where they dont even enter your room throughout the stay. I did not expect them to make the beds atall. The bins were emptied daily and there were always new soaps in the bathroom. I will agree with some reviews that the bar items were expensive however you need to consider that most things in Sauze D'Oulx are. At the Club Hotel Monte Triplex a tiny packet of haribo was €2 which is too expensive. The food was of high standard and the staff were extremely polite and friendly.There was always more food if you wanted it and you always had fresh bread rolls Some peolle complain that there was noone at the bar area however it only took 3 steps to reception and then the lady would come over for you! I really enjoyed my stay here!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited Sauze d'Oulx with my school on a skiing trip and my experience at this hotel was terrible, the breakfast was disappointing and had no change, very little choice and the hot drinks machine only produced undrinkable liquid not even to be classed as coffee, I was also dissatisfied that I read one website stated there was pastries served for breakfast but there was no sign of any pastries, the dinner was horrible, pasta for starters everyday became boring and too filling, the soup looked lumpy, the mains were just as nasty, the chips were greasy and soggy, there was no fresh vegetables and everything seemed to be over cooked or fried, desert could have been better and simple such as ice cream not different unknown dishes. One night the bread rolls served with dinner were so stale it was nearly impossible to even cut them in half and when we requested fresh rolls we were given ones just as stale. Prices for drinks were extortionate and there wasn’t always someone at the bar to serve so you would have to wait or go to reception to request someone. The boss/owner of the hotel was rude, grumpy and swore a lot, she had her child and his friends running around the hotel, over the furniture while guest were eating dinner while I believed to be disrespectful as we had paid to stay at the hotel and they were treating it as a playground. The serving staff were friendly at times but were very messy and dropped food on the table while serving nearly every sitting and when we declined food they still put it on our plate. I shared a room with two other people and it was clear the room I was staying in was originally a 2 bed but they just put another bed in there which restricted space to get ready. The bathroom was tiny, the shower was so small we kept hitting our elbows while showering, the quality of the toilet seat was poor as it broke 3 times and this was a constant throughout the hotel as people in other rooms was reporting this as well. The rooms were seen to by a maid daily but I wouldn’t say cleaned, the beds were made, the room was vacuumed badly and the bin was changed. One thing my roommates and I were disgusted about was that we noticed a mark on one of the bed covers one day and the next day that cover was on a different bed. So not only were the sheets not getting changed but they were swapping the sheets from different beds which we felt totally uncomfortable with. The decoration was dated and poorly kept, there was wires hanging from the light and around the bathroom mirror and there were pen marks on the walls, the pillows were bumpy and the blanket was heavy and uncomfortable. The only good things about this hotel were the short walk to the chair lift, the ski storage, free wifi downstairs and getting to leave. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, there seemed to be much nicer hotels around the village which I would have rather stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank charlotte m

Travelers are raving about these Sauze d'Oulx hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just back from 3 nights at the Hotel Terrazza and overall it was OK. Staff are very friendly, and rooms adequate. Bathrooms are small, tiny shower cubicle, and ours could have done with a refurb. It is very close to the Clotes chair lift and many of the bars. I agree partly with previous comments on the food, the breakfast was a no for us; I suppose hard rolls, cheese, ham are more a european thing, we only ate breakfast there once in three days, preferring a full english breakfast with orange juice and tea for just 8euros at Max bar! But dinner was fine, just TOO much of it, 5/ 6 courses! Starter, pasta, soup, a meat dish with potatoes, dessert, all way too much for us and they did seem a bit put out when we declined some courses. It was also, was served a bit too quick... For three nights it was fine but probably couldn't have put up with the bathroom for any longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Terrazza in March 2012. We were novice skiers, having skied for 6 days in 2011 in the same place. Skiing in Vialattea and staying at Terrazza proved to be a perfect combination and one we will repeat this!!!!
Sauze d'oulx is large and attractive with many excellent places to sit, eat and drink. It has a superb location with wonderful views and offers activities of her than skiing.
The Terrazza Offers B&B and AB but we prefer always B&B: We had a spacious room with tv, hairdryer and spotlessly clean. Our balcony looked to the piste that brought you back to the hotel anddthe boot room. Perfect! The hotel provided free WiFi. Frendly staff, nice italian Brakfast and perfect town to have fun .
''grazie'' Terrazza and Sauze...see you :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

WOW... what a hotel !!!!! totaly made my holiday service and staff 100% helpfull and happy the room was very clean and tidy and no noise so a goood night sleep every night :) :)

i give this hotel 10/10

thanks and see you very soon :)

p.s. the hotel was that goood i rebooked the week i got home!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I was on the top and have asked to be there again for the reason that when you wake after a lovely n...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank marc b
Transylvania,Romania
Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you want a superb ski experience at a reasonable price,in the Dolomites,you definately have to come here.Book in advance,as you may get a better price.The rooms are excellent,the food is ok,location near the cables.Staff were friendly and helpful.Good sleeping conditions, clean.Will retturn in winter!

Room Tip: Rooms over the slopes,top floors, have a wonderful panorama.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple