Booked holoiday with Travel sphere who are a reputable travel company. Should have checked with Tripadviser before booking where there are many negative reports but in view of reputation of travel company we did not bother.
Hotel location is good, just a short walk from the shores of the lake. But the Hotel is very poor, paricularily as regards food.
We upgraded to this Hotel to give ourselves a treat. How this can be classed as 4 star is beyond belief. More like a down grade to 2 star.
There was an evening meal main course selection each day which you had to pre-book. This was always Fish or Pork. No gravy. One day an option was given as a roast. We selected this thinking roast beef but guess what? Roast pork.There was only one vegetable each day which was potato.
My wife tried the fish on day but could not eat it. Dry, with very strong flavour.
Wednesday was a theme day when we had 2 veg, potatos and peas (approx 6 peas).
Cold breakfast buffet was very basic and bland. It improved considerably however when a coach load of noisy and beligerant Germans arrived.
There was no comfortable area to relax in after the meal.
There was only one downstars loo which was outside, along side the swimming pool. It had no lock on the door, there was no bulb in the actual toilet area and the first aid box was empty.
Air conditioning is advertised in the brochure but they stated it was not availaqble until 1st June.After protesting about the heat they switched it on but it did not work. Slepped with balcony door open.
If you are tempted by this holiday then do not under any circumstance up grade to the Royal. The Brione Hotel is a much better bet. We spent a little time there and the facilities are much better, also food is more varied.
We wrote to the travel Company highlighting these anomolies.
It beggers belief that In the latest brochure which we have just received they are still advertising the Royal as a 4 star upgrade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE CULTURE OF HOSPITALITY The Royal Hotel boasts a warm welcome and a central but quiet; located just 100 meters from Lake Garda, its beaches and the pedestrian promenade and bicycle path along the lake for 1.5 km until you get in the historic center of Riva del Garda. The hotel has 54 standard rooms with classic style and very comfortable and offer many services: mountain-view balcony or pool view, safe, wi-fi, telephone, television, minibar. It enjoys pleasant common areas such as bar, restaurant serving breakfast and dinner with rich buffet, outdoor swimming pool surrounded by greenery of the garden, whirlpool, beach chairs and umbrellas, a garden where you can relax in the sun or shade of beautiful pine trees; parking point with information, bike rental. All staff are like a big family and is always attentive to the needs of customers to be able to spend the best holiday. The Royal is waiting on Lake Garda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Hotel Royal Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy