All reviews five nights fresh fruit cakes nice hotel yougurt riva maid
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Nice small hotel. Room is big enough with large bacony with great views. Delicious breakfast. They have also few car parking places in the front of hotel. Hotel is not so far from the Riva central, about 600m.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for long weekend in the 2 bed apartment. It was immaculate, spacious and a 5 minute walk from Riva's old town. Wifi wasnt that reliable but apart from that our stay was amazing. The rooms are modern and spacious. The apartment has 2 balconys, 2 bathrooms and 2 large double bedrooms. 100% recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2017

I stayed here for 25 nights in July 2017. Marco and Francesca do a phenomenal job of running this hotel. It is exceptionally clean and the breakfasts have a great variety of food as well as good quantities. I was never wanting for anything at breakfast. Marco makes great coffee and Francesca's cakes are terrific! In addition, Marco will cook you up an egg and there are plates of other goodies as well in the buffet. This couple is very experienced at hosting people from all over the world and because they are local, they can assist you with any of your needs. They helped me find an electrical adapter, advised me about bus schedules and places to paint and really made me feel comfortable and welcome. It was truly a home away from home.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2017

Choosing Villa Maria for our stay was a great decision. It is a nice little hotel located just 10 minutes from the waterfront and the city center. The rooms are rather small, but very stylish and clean. We also had a nice mountain view from the room and we especially enjoyed the big terrace where we could hang out in the evenings. Breakfasts were also very tasty. Before our stay I've read that there is not enough choice for breakfast, but unless you are very picky I think you will be satisfied. There were always fresh fruits, cuts of smoked meat and cheese, eggs and homemade cakes so plenty of choice for us. The owner is also very friendly and helpful so do not hesitate to ask him about anything. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and I would definitely recommend it to all my friends.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed May 14, 2017

Beautiful interior modern and comfortable design. Excellent breakfast. Good quality and very clean. 5 minute walk along tree lined footpath to town centre and water front. Very good value for money. Crisp cotton bed linen with overlapping duvets, good mattress and pillows. Good shower and lovely bathroom facilities. Nice quiet fridge keeping those drinks nice and cold! Parking and wifi free of charge. We upgraded to apartment as we are here for three days and getting on a bit so enjoyed being able to return in the afternoon to chill out for a bit before dinner.

Room tip: Spend the extra for bigger room if staying for multiple days.
Date of stay: May 2017