Hotel Virgilio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Bristol(Riva Del Garda)
View Hotel
Hotel Al Maso(Riva Del Garda)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Astoria Park Hotel SPA Resort(Riva Del Garda)
View Hotel
Casa Fernanda(Riva Del Garda)
View Hotel
Hotel Rudy(Riva Del Garda)
View Hotel
Villa Maria Hotel Garni(Riva Del Garda)
View Hotel
Hotel Campagnola(Riva Del Garda)
View Hotel
All reviewsnational holidaysfree bargala nightbicycle museumlake gardagreat holidaylovely family runovernight staynational coachrefurbished roomjourney homecoach tripincluded excursionsinclusive tripsa family run hotelolder roomsreturn journey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a six-night stay as part of a National Holidays trip. Our room contained a double bed which was comfortable, small-ish wardrobe, dressing table and very few drawers. Our balcony gave us a view of the Dolomites and had two chairs - one being a recliner. It was acceptable but nothing special. There were no chairs in the room itself. The bathroom was ok, with a shower and no bath. It was not a room you may not easily spend a great deal of time in as it is only really a functional bedroom. The lift is very, very small and queues on arrival were horrendous; you could only get two people and their cases in at a time.
The food was acceptable. It seemed to me to be more "Anglicised" Italian, rather than the "real" Italian food I think many of us expected. Choice was minimal, with no choice at all for dessert. It was served briskly and efficiently with an attitude which, for me, lacked warmth and friendliness. I never got a sense of being welcome as such. It was more a case of getting us fed as quickly as possible with little or no conversation or interaction. Breakfast was the usual buffet-style Continental affair; coissants, bread, cheese, meats, fruit, pastries, juices and hot drinks. It was fresh and enjoyable - although seeing the unused fruit recycled into the evening's dessert was a little off-putting! Veg, too, was recyled for the following night's meal. "Good housekeeping", according to an approving member of our table!
There were two pools - a large one and a kiddies' one - and tables/chairs and loungers. The ambience outside was pleasant and relaxing.
There is limited wi-fi - limited in terms of accessability - and it's free. The bar is well-stocked and bartender/waiter Kevin is always on hand with a smile and a dollop of mischief.
All in all, our experience of this hotel was pleasant. I wouldn't rave about it, but nor would I condemn it. It gave us what we paid for - nothing more and nothing less.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel if you have a wheelchair. Italy is generally not a disabled-friendly place and the lift is very small. Our room would not have accommodated a wheelchair and there was a step up to the bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LynnCas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I' ve just stayed here for four nights with my wife as part of a National Holidays break and I can only speak as we both found. The Virgilio is a lovely family run hotel with a great family atmosphere, nice big rooms and good food with lots of variety. The hotel is equipped with free and fairly quick wifi and all in all we were made to feel welcome and relaxed during our stay. If I had one bad thing to say it would be that the town is a good twenty to thirty minutes walk away but you can't have it all. To sum up, I would stay again without question. Recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Alex S
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is family run by lovely people, most of whom speak some english. Head bar staff Kevin was really nice speaks good English and has a great sense of humour. We went on National Holidays coach trip and spent 4 nights at hotel, which was clean, good sized rooms, lovely home made food, soup is especially good and tasty. It is a 20 minute walk into town centre and if you go past the small church, have a look in the paintings are beautiful. I would recommend any one to visit this hotel.
Only one thing wrong they had no English speaking TV programmes, not even English speaking news station.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has nice view of the mountains and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank dogloverSunderland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have just got back from spending 4 nights at this hotel. We went on a national holidays coach trip arriving there Monday 11.03.13. The hotel is warm & friendly. Food was suffice , rooms were spacious enough , clean & comfortable.
Yes i would stay here again. About a 20 min walk into the centre from the hotel.

Room Tip: No need to worry as there is a lift available
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bevvy21
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Virgilio at RIVA is a place that I visit again and again. The warmth one gets there is not easily found.
It is a home away from home with all comforts.
One's needs are very well looked after.
Your likes and dis-likes are very taken note of.
Every aspect is great.
The family running this runs with a passion.
A great Hotel to go again and again !!!

Room Tip: All Rooms are Good try for a Room with the Balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business