1,503 results
All reviewsmr tonelliriviera travelred ferrariour waiterevery eveninglake gardaindoor poolcakeslovely hotelthe main roadentertainment every nightsalad buffettonelli hotelsoupself servicelarge hoteldining room
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Spent two weeks here at The Savoy the first two weeks of August 2017. We flew into Verona (best airport to fly to as Venice is three hours away and Verona only an hour and a quarter away). We checked into the Hotel, the Receptionists took our passports and the porter took our suitcases up to our room which was on the 4th floor. There are 5 floors and if you are lucky, like we were, we had a lake view and could just about see the lake from our room but whichever room you have, you are bound to have a good view, as there is beautiful scenery all around, if not the lake, the mountains. We were greeted at the dining room entrance on our first evening and shown to our table - the table you are given is your table for the rest of your stay, which is a great idea. The food is plentiful, you can help yourself to a salad or soup (or both) to start with, then you have your three course meal served to you. You choose what you want from the menu in the mornings by ticking which option you prefer. The waiter we had (Hamid) was perfect, he was very pleasant, knowledgable and helpful and could speak very good English. Most of the waiters can speak good English so there is no problem in communicating. Mr Tonelli the owner was always around in the evenings to welcome new guests and every evening he would pick up the microphone and thank everyone for staying at his hotel and wished everyone a pleasant stay and for those leaving us, he hoped they had enjoyed themselves and thanked them for staying at his hotel and hoped they would be back! He could speak in three or four different languages so no one felt left out. On a Wednesday evening he opened up his garage and allowed all the guests to have a look at this red ferrari and have a photo with it, sit in it and enjoy. Nothing was too much trouble for him and his team they went out of their way to accommodate. The rooms are lovely and clean and comfortable the towels changed every day if you wanted them to be. I am not sure about the tea making facilities though, we were lucky enough to have a kettle and tea etc., but not all the guests did so I am not sure why we had one - you may have to email reception before you go if you need a definite answer. The location is excellent, just a two minute walk to the main road where the shop are, and a very short walk to the Lake. Beautiful. The Hotel has bicycles to hire, although they do restrict you to three hours. All in all, a fantastic holiday and we will definitely be going again next year. Thank you Mr Tonelli and your wonderful team.

Room Tip: The higher floor you go, the better the view
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed September 16, 2017

We've not long since returned from a week at the Savoy Palace and had a fantastic week. Our room was modern, relatively spacious and had a stunning view from the balcony. We were half-board and enjoyed the wide variety of food on offer at breakfast and the restaurant quality food available every evening. A nice touch was the various different evening events that took place including a 'welcome' drink as well as the opportunity to sit in the owner's Ferrari! Almost all of the staff were fabulous, especially Donato our waiter. Free bike 'hire' was great and the hotel is well situated for exploring the area. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Incredible views/surroundings
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

What a great hotel fantastic food comfort and great staff.This made our holiday one of the best ever. Congratulations to a great staff especially Hamad and Allesandro alias Geronimo two lovely welcoming staff. Definitely a 10 out of 10
Love lake Garda

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Just returned from a very pleasant stay at Hotel Savoy Palace in Lake Garda good food served by excellent staff room was very clean and kept that way by nice cleaning staff breakfast was plentiful as was evening meal evening entertainment was very good different every night and Mr Tonelli the owner was warm and welcoming every day ensuring everyone was enjoying their stay had a chance to sit in a Ferrari perfect could not fault anything about stay except it was to short

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jileo146
Reviewed September 12, 2017

I visited this hotel with my 13 year old daughter mid August half board. We travelled with Thomson and landed in Verona, the transfer time was approx up to 2 hours.
On arrival we were checked in and given a room on the second floor, we honestly thought we'd been the wrong room as it was just lovely. The balcony had our our sun loungers, small garden and the views of the mountains were just stunning. Beach/sun lounger towels were provided too. Staying 3 nights.

Our Room had a mini bar (prices quite reasonable) with prosecco and wine included. Extremely large bed and a separate single bed for my daughter, plenty of storage for luggage. Cleaned every day.

I believe over 500 guests were there at the time and a large mixture of Italian, English and German from what I could hear, so there's always people to speak to. Staff speak English very well.

The pool area was spotless, green and busting with colour from all the beautiful flowers. Plenty of sun loungers for the 34 degree heat we had and a bar area that sold basic burgers and pizzas. The only down side was the bar food, after the first day we did lunch elsewhere.
You don't need to carry cash on you, everything is charged to your room so make sure you take your room card to the bar areas.

Dinner is served in the main dining hall, on the first night we were given a table that was to be ours for breakfast and dinner until we left. There was a vast choice of salads for the first course and by salads I don't mean limp lettuce and a few tomatoes, I mean everything you could possibly imagine. Being a vegetarian this was a veggie dream and could've actually been my only course.
A menu was left on the table daily to choose your main meals and dessert. Couldn't fault the food at all. The wine was also included with the meal and being a little fussy with wine too, I didn't have a bad glass of wine either.

Breakfast was a self serve buffet and had everything from every continent. My daughter took full advantage of the croissants, nutella pancakes, boiled eggs and cheeses every morning :) Fruits, yogurts, cereals,hams and english breakfast were also available. The waiters were amazing and quite entertaining, thanks to Hamid who made me and my daughter laugh every day, excellent service!

The location from the lake was just a 5-10 walk and was just stunning, you can walk in either direction to one of the towns. We took a walk out as early as 8.30am one morning and by the time we had returned around lunchtime, you could barely move. It gets extremely busy with walkers, sunbathers and cyclists everywhere.
The hotel does provide free bikes that you can take out for the day.
The shops, gelato bars and restaurants are only 5 minutes away too. Local supermarkets (co-op) if you wish to stock up on water.

The hotel has a happy hour early evening where the drinks were half price. Prosecco for 1 euro 50!!! Afternoon tea also served around this time (olives, hams, chicken etc).
Bar staff all friendly.

The entertainment I didn't really see much of as my daughter is an early nighter but I did peak over my balcony a few times to see the guy on karaoke machine singing a mix of Italian and English songs. The Ferrari night was just okay, was nice to take a few photos if you wanted to sit in it.

Very cute little indoor swimming pool if you wanted a morning swim, made to look like an underground cave.

Can't really fault this hotel, looking forward to visiting with my husband and seeing a lot more of Riva.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family