My wife and I visited this hotel for two weeks at the end of May, start of June on an Inghams holiday. We found that the hotel was in a quiet residential area within an easy 10 -15 minute stroll of the town which could be reached by a variety of different footpaths. We found, like other guests that the hotel was kept spotlessly clean. We had a room on the western side of the hotel and while it faced onto the car park it was a good size, got the afternoon sunshine and had great views of the mountains to the front and side. Towels and bedding were frequently changed and the evening meal was a treat worth looking forward to each day. The hotel provided a free buffet lunch, asking only that you buy a drink if you had a meal. While the selection wasn't extensive it was nevertheless a welcome and tasty snack to look forward to. All of the staff we encountered in the hotel were exceedingly friendly and would go out of their way to ensure that your needs were catered for. We enjoyed a wonderful hour wine tasting, learning both about the wines and where the hotel sourced its food. This hotel takes great pride in the quality of its food and wines and it shows. You will not get the bland chain hotel meals here. It also boasts a wonderful spa which more than lives up to the pictures,the indoor pool was wonderful relaxing refuge at the end of the day. The hotel also provides free bikes for guests for a €50 deposit, plus dressing gowns, slippers and pool towels.The hotel may be less suitable for young children as there are not the facilities of a large hotel. Like many foreign hotels, the beds are firm, however, the staff did provide extra bedding support for my wife who has a back problem and needs a much softer bed.
The town of Riva is a great base for exploring the area and is suitable for people of all ages and interests, whether hiking, sailing, canyoning, cycling, or the more gentle pursuits of simply wandering, visiting beautiful towns and villages in and around the lake or simply relaxing and eating and drinking. While there we also visited Venice, the Dolomites and a local vineyard, plus innumerable walks visits to local villages and trips on the lake.
This is an area where there is something to suit most tastes and the hotel is certainly worth serious consideration if you are coming here. We would quite happily return to this hotel as we found it a great place to stay in a wonderful part of Italy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort, a Kingdom of harmonies, peace and wellbeing in Riva del Garda. Discover the thousand relaxation opportunities of Lake Garda: enjoy a spa treatment, taste delicious food in the restaurant Perla di Lago or stroll around Riva del Garda and the sorrounding area. An unique and exciting experience to fall in love with this small ancient world... Click on the video and make the trip start! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nicolli Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy