We stayed at the Hotel Villa Miravalle while attending a sailing championship in Riva del Garda. Whilst not next to the water it is within yards of the town, and 5 minutes walk to the yacht club. The hotel is family run and is extremely welcoming. The terrace and bar are easy to relax in. We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening and the staff took delight in presenting a selection of local dishes. I thought the hotel was excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Villa Miravalle, My name is Michele Marchi Vidi, and I am the owner of the Hotel Villa Miravalle. It is with great pleasure that I recount the centuries-old tradition of this hotel, which for four generations has been managed by my family, having been created in the early 1900s by my great-grandparents. Time has not eroded the antique fascination of the late nineteenth-century villa nor the enchanting beauty of the gardens, with their centuries-old palms and olive trees, or the elegant comfort of the spacious terrace dotted with citrus trees and climbing plants in a variety of hues. The imposing building nestles undisturbed among the ancient medieval walls which surround the historic centre of Riva del Garda, giving splendid views of the placid waters of the lake, known in ancient times as Lake Benaco. A similar spell is cast by the works of Aldo Raimondi, a distinguished painter who was a regular visitor to the Villa during the 1940s. His works are displayed in the Hall of the Hotel, and document many of the aspects of life in the Villa, and offer glimpses of the building from different perspectives. The long history of the Villa goes hand in hand with another splendid moment: the opening of the Villetta Annessa restaurant, which was modelled on the famous "Girarrosto" restaurant which in the 1960s was awarded a Michelin star. The recent renovation of the Villa underlines a passion that has never abated and a strong desire to create an atmosphere of serenity in which guests can enjoy the familiar smells of meat grilling in the enormous fireplace and the delicate scents of the flowers wafting in from the gardens. The Hotel is close to a number of sporting facilities in the Basso Sarca valley for the delight of cyclists, climbers and other sporting enthusiasts. The Villa has its own vital energy, and its long history and unique atmosphere are jealously guarded as if in a casket, which we will be delighted to open for our guests so that they can add their own memories. I hope to see you soon! Michele ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Villa Miravalle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miravalle Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Hotel Villa Miravalle Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy