“Fabulous gem of a place”

Hotel Villa Miravalle
Ranked #26 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Can't praise this place highly enough. Fantastic value for money, spacious room, squeaky clean, great facilities and super friendly staff. Definitely recommend and can't wait to return to the beautiful Riva del Garda - magical!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul C

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We met a couple on another vacation and they recommended Riva on Lake Garda. We found this hotel on Tripadvisor and thought it was perfect. We has a great view of the lake, a short walk to the Piazza and shops. The room was comfortable with lush featherbeds. Breakfast is included; they have the best bakery and a nice buffet with a wide variety to choose from.
There is a lovely pool but we were there to early in the season to enjoy it. We felt very relaxed staying here. We will keep it in mind if we get to this area again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators. They ding very loudly on arrival on your floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank AnnaB10
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I am an elderly lady who travels solo and I recently returned from a 3 week holiday in Italy. I saved my favourite town, Riva del Garda, for my last four nights in Italy. I first stayed there in 1998 when by chance I selected a family-run hotel named Miravalle, from an Internet listing. As I walked up the drive way of Hotel Miravalle on that occasion, I immediately loved the plants and garden along the drive and the hotel's pale pink exterior walls. The receptionist at that time was wonderful and the family managers were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them, so I left there with very good impressions.

I have travelled back to Italy several times since that occasion and I always stay for awhile at this hotel, now named Hotel Villa Miravalle. One family member has now retired, but I was delighted to find that all the hotel's appealing characteristics have been maintained by Michele, his father Paolo and also another young man, Damiano, who was previously unknown to me. The ladies who were in charge of the breakfast area were efficient and helpful, likewise the staff who were involved with evening meal in the Restaurant.

On that first stay at Miravalle, my room was upstairs and I loved looking up at the mountains, which were so close, some with snow on the top. My home State in Australia does not have snow. The paintings on the walls were very appealing to me and I have loved this hotel, ever since my holiday there in 1998. The present out-door eating areas and their surrounding garden plants are beautiful and a swimming pool has been an additional attraction. Over the last few years an elevator has also been installed, which is a welcome asset.

This year my bedroom for the four nights that I was there, was especially lovely. The furniture was cream and in traditional Queen Anne style. The patterned curtains looked just right, the bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was a good size and sparkling white. Watercolour paintings of roses on the main wall were perfect additions. A small balcony overlooked the front carpark, but it caused no noise problems and I could also admire the mountain scenery in the background. Staff members who attended to the bedroom were unobtrusive and efficient.

The self-serve buffet breakfasts near the open area, are very generous in variety and quantity. The dining area/restaurant has an intimate atmosphere, with subtle lighting and is very attractive. The food is top class and well presented, so I enjoyed indulging myself by dining there on the last evening before travelling back to Australia.

From the hotel it is a very short walk to the shops in one direction and in the other it is downhill to the lake, its ferries, town centre and buildings. I spent my days walking around these areas, eating gelati and noticing all the upgrades which have been undertaken since my previous visit and always finding something new.

I can happily recommend Hotel Villa Miravalle as a perfect base for a lovely holiday and I hope that one day I shall be back there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank deput2
Reviewed November 11, 2013

What a lovely Hotel everything was spot on.
Breakfast was included which was fine.
We liked the free Car Park.
We stayed for two nights and it was just enough .Sept 27th 28th.
Location just a 5 minute walk to the Harbour and Restaurants.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room which they provideed
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OMG744
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I travelled through Italy by train so we need to plan ahead. We booked in to this delightful hotel without much prior knowledge of what to expect. We were so pleasantly surprised. The hotel is ideally located to the lake, the shops and restaurants. We had a Junior Suite on the ground floor which was excellent value. The breakfast was included, free wifi and all the staff were most helpful and friendly. It was April and too cold for the pool

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brighton-Boomers
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel is located very close to the centre of the town. The pool and garden area are very cosy. We were assigned a very comfortable junior suite. The restaurant has a magic atmosphere, the food is good and the price correct. The breakfast also is good and well supplied.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank YdeGomera
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The best things about the Hotel Miravalle were the location, the wonderful restaurant and the lovely pool. The grounds were very nice and added to the experience. We also had a small view of the lake and a tiny balcony, which were great.

The room was good, but not great. We had to do a little rearranging of the furniture to accommodate our two carry on bags and two roll aboard bags. When I asked the desk person for a folding luggage rack to place one of our bags on, we told me that the hotel had no such thing. OK then.

When we walked in to the room the smell of cigarette smoke was obvious, but the desk came immediately and ascertained that the AC was blowing in the smoke smell from outside, and they did a few things to mask and eliminate they smell. I was satisfied.

Linens and towels were nice.

The food in the restaurant was utterly delicious, and breakfast was good. The dinner was a bit on the high end side, but certainly worth the price. Very good food.

The restaurant and bar had a bit of a clubby atmosphere and if you like that sort of thing, it would be a bonus. We are quiet and shy so it didn't mean much to us, but outgoing or returning guests seemed to really enjoy it all.

Good hot water and good water pressure in shower.

Good parking arrangement.

We found both young men who worked the desk for the three nights we were there to be adequate. They could have been friendlier, and during our arrival, the young man at the desk told us to come back at three, but he did not offer to take our bags, which we were obviously carrying. We locked them in the car until we came back, but felt this could have been handled a lot better. However, that's travel and it didn't spoil anything for us. Just a hint for the future if management is reading this.

At that point the young man did recommend a good restaurant for a casual lunch, so we were happy enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple