LakeFront Hotel Mirage
Astoria Park Hotel SPA Resort(Riva Del Garda)
$99
$89
Hotels.com
Hotel Luise(Riva Del Garda)
$198
$186
Parc Hotel Flora(Riva Del Garda)
$227
$309
$292
Ambassador Suite Aparthotel(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Pool
$169
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vittoria(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$133
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Liberty(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$1,333
$133
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Europa Skypool & Panorama(Riva Del Garda)
$197
$190
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Lido Palace(Riva Del Garda)
$572
$489
All reviewsoffer guestsshallow enddecent barfree bike hirenice hotelan underground car parkmid junerecommend this hotelfood for breakfastplenty of choice at breakfastlovely walkhalf boardwould stay here againroom was spotlessly cleanno tea coffee making facilitiesview of the lakea great week
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a modern friendly hotel with good facilities and quality food. It has an excellent position in this wonderful resort.The rooms are "minimalist" but very clean and are equipped with everything you need including a safe.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies but it could suffer from traffic noise on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas R
HMirage, Direttore at LakeFront Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Mr./Mrs. Nicholas R
it is a pleasure to read your excellent review on our hotel. The most satisfying words are "friendly staff" and "very clean hotel"... these makes our daily work lighter.
We wish you a good home stay, and wait for welcoming you next year!
Best greetings,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just back from here - hotel is in great location - just across from marina. lovely walk along front to old town or if you prefer you can make use of the free bikes from hotel up to 4 hours - (10 euro deposit which they keep if you have them for over 4 hrs.) Hotel staff very friendly. Rooms clean and comfy. Towels provided for swimming pool (be warned the pool is not heated) ! Plenty choice at buffet breakfast and evening meal. Would certainly go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Mrs. JEAN56642,
thank you very much for the review on our hotel. We wait to welcome you again next year!
Best wishes,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was suggested by a conference I was attending in the area and so I booked two rooms through the conference travel agency. By mistake my wife also booked two rooms using Booking.com. When we got there, we realized the error but the staff was very unforgiving and they charged us the price of two rooms for one night, even though the hotel was empty and it was clear they’re not really seeing any loss. Even Booking.com called them on our behalf to waive the fee but they didn’t, even though we actually stayed there and paid for 2 rooms for 4 nights already! That was a disappointing start and things just got worse after that. The rooms were like motel-6 rooms, except that Motel-6 had more amnesties and better wi-fi. For example, in one of the rooms we got no wifi reception so my kids were always in our room to use wifi! The breakfast was awful and the rooms were very noisy and as the cleaning staff starts cleaning at 8am, it is impossible to sleep after 8am.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pinkish2013

Mr./Mrs. Pinkish2013,
we regret that you had a negative experience with the reservation of your two rooms. This was surely a misunderstanding, not depending on our will. Even the reservation intermediary through which you made the booking could not avoid to make you pay the cancellation fee.
We will be glad to welcome you again in any future travel to Lake Garda, for business or vacation. Just contact us directly and we will reserve the best rooms for you.
Best greetings from Riva del Garda.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Have stayed here before years ago & returned because of previous great experiences. Cannot fault the rooms as spotlessly clean and comfortable if on the smallish side. Attractive minimalist styled reception area, with comfortable seating with pleasant bar manned by friendly staff. Food in restaurant not as good as it used to be and the ambience there seems to have changed. An extra antipasto course has been added and in our opinion it is to the detriment of the other courses. The antipasto choices were often poor.

Location of hotel is excellent as we enjoyed our walks along the lake front to the main town area after dinner. Beautiful stroll with stunning views. We also took advantage of local buses, easily picked up close to the hotel to explore both around the lake and inland. Rovereto and Trento both well worth a visit & both offer much more of an Italian flavour.

The walk from the hotel along to Torbole is good, and for walkers, there is a lovely 5 Km walk to Arco along the beautiful river Sarca. Arco itself is a beautiful small town, with a lovely square. Sit in café Trentino and join the locals in enjoying a coffee or a Spritz at very reasonable process.

Room Tip: High floor for best views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marina061

Mr./Mrs. Marina061
many thanks for the fine words of appreciation. It gives us much satisfaction seeing that guests choose our hotel for several times throughout the years.
We will be glad to welcome you also in the next summer!
Best greetings from Riva del Garda.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I chose the Mirage due to the bike rental station associated with the hotel. The location of the hotel is very good for the lake front, being approx. a hundred meters away. The town centre is a kilometre or so, but it’s a pleasant walk along the lake front.

Rooms: The rooms are basic but clean and do the job. I was in a single that had a door out onto a walk way of the fire escape which wasn't perhaps ideal but I booked late. The room has adequate bathroom facilities, a great shower and the bed was fine for the duration of the stay. I couldn't seem to connect to the WIFI in the room at all and had to go to the communal areas. The worst thing about the room was perhaps its location next to what seemed to be some kind of cleaning supplies cupboard, which meant from about 7.30am the door was left on the latch to loudly and constantly be banged on the frame which meant a lie in was practically impossible as the noise was constant and pretty loud. The room had a reasonably stocked mini fridge that was a nice addition. The TV had at least one English Channel which was nice. All in all the rooms are not too bad.

Communal Areas: The hotel bar was good, had decent prices and made fairly decent cocktails. It's a nice area to sit outside and have a drink at night.

Bike "room": The name bike room to me implied it would be a secure room, which you couldn't look into. This is not the case. The bike room is a lockable cage in the corner of the underground car park. It's not bad and the bike I rented was OK there but I could quite easily imagine things being stolen from this lock-up and bikes are NOT under any insurance while in the bike area if rented from the hotel. It wasn't too bad but I would happily have paid a little more in rental for the bike to be insured in the bike area. Also note, though the site shows a bike being stored in the hotel room, this is not allowed.

Felt bike station: The felt bike station is a short walk from the hotel and has a reasonable range of bikes. When booking you get a choice of XC and DH bikes but in reality they are all XC bikes, as even the full suspension bikes are only short travel cross country bikes. I rented the Edict LTD 2011 full suspension bike and the Felt Team 29er hard tail during the week. Note that rental has no insurance of the bike attached at all and if they are stolen you are responsible for replacement at list price (which on something like the Edict LTD is 8000 euros). The felt station is run by a helpful young lady, who did her best to help get the most out of the bikes and suggested nice routes to ride etc, but I got the impression could have done with a bit more training in how to maintain the bikes. The Edict limited I rented had a loose or worn headset and shifted badly and the Team 29er shifted badly, and had a loose rear brake calliper which I ended up having to fix (the brakes needed bleeding and stripping to be honest as the pistons were not properly returning and the pads were a bit notchy on braking). These were all small jobs that could have easily been fixed in a few hours work, so really it was a little disappointing having to fix them myself. Fortunately I had a multi-tool, pump and shock pump to sort the various issues out. If you are renting from the felt station I would; bring a multi-tool so you can fix gears/brakes etc if needed, bring a spare inner tube or two and a pump (they don't provide them), you might want to bring a lock too and you certainly want to insure yourself to cover the bike if you can. I enjoyed riding the area and using the bikes though, so all in all it was a good experience and I wouldn’t let the issue I mention put you off.

Payment policy: For some reason the hotel only allows bill payment between 7am and 10.30pm. It advertises this with a small and easily missed sign on the front desk stuck in the middle of a bunch of other signs. When I tried to pay last thing at night due to an early airport pick-up, I was met with a fair degree of irritation and informed "we have a sign" *lots of pointing and shrugging of shoulders*. Then, despite the obvious irritation, the card payment went through with no problem. All a bit odd really and I've never come across anything similar anywhere I have ever stayed. Worth keeping in mind when paying though.

All in all I had a good stay in the hotel, which could have been great but for a few small oddities. The felt bike rental is a good idea which just needs a little more effort and time put into it. Adding insurance to the rental cost would make it a much less worrisome experience.

I'd recommend the hotel though, it’s decent, has good service for the most part and is well located.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms near the lifts or cleaning supply cupboard if you want a decent lay in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business