LakeFront Hotel Mirage
Hotel Luise(Riva Del Garda)
$152
$140
Hotel Vittoria(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Restaurant
Parc Hotel Flora(Riva Del Garda)
$191
Lido Palace(Riva Del Garda)
$602
$143
Astoria Park Hotel SPA Resort(Riva Del Garda)
$122
$99
Hotel Campagnola(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$63
Du Lac et Du Parc Grand Resort(Riva Del Garda)
$210
$178
Agoda.com
Grand Hotel Liberty(Riva Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$118
$75
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Panoramic Hotel Benacus(Riva Del Garda)
$143
Orbitz.com
All reviewsoffer guestsshallow enddecent barfree bike hirenice hotelan underground car parkmid junerecommend this hotelfood for breakfastplenty of choice at breakfastlovely walkhalf boardwould stay here againroom was spotlessly cleanno tea coffee making facilitiesview of the lakea great week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was suggested by a conference I was attending in the area and so I booked two rooms through the conference travel agency. By mistake my wife also booked two rooms using Booking.com. When we got there, we realized the error but the staff was very unforgiving and they charged us the price of two rooms for one night, even though the hotel was empty and it was clear they’re not really seeing any loss. Even Booking.com called them on our behalf to waive the fee but they didn’t, even though we actually stayed there and paid for 2 rooms for 4 nights already! That was a disappointing start and things just got worse after that. The rooms were like motel-6 rooms, except that Motel-6 had more amnesties and better wi-fi. For example, in one of the rooms we got no wifi reception so my kids were always in our room to use wifi! The breakfast was awful and the rooms were very noisy and as the cleaning staff starts cleaning at 8am, it is impossible to sleep after 8am.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pinkish2013
HMirage, Direttore at LakeFront Hotel Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Mr./Mrs. Pinkish2013,
we regret that you had a negative experience with the reservation of your two rooms. This was surely a misunderstanding, not depending on our will. Even the reservation intermediary through which you made the booking could not avoid to make you pay the cancellation fee.
We will be glad to welcome you again in any future travel to Lake Garda, for business or vacation. Just contact us directly and we will reserve the best rooms for you.
Best greetings from Riva del Garda.
Eugenia Venturi

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Have stayed here before years ago & returned because of previous great experiences. Cannot fault the rooms as spotlessly clean and comfortable if on the smallish side. Attractive minimalist styled reception area, with comfortable seating with pleasant bar manned by friendly staff. Food in restaurant not as good as it used to be and the ambience there seems to have changed. An extra antipasto course has been added and in our opinion it is to the detriment of the other courses. The antipasto choices were often poor.

Location of hotel is excellent as we enjoyed our walks along the lake front to the main town area after dinner. Beautiful stroll with stunning views. We also took advantage of local buses, easily picked up close to the hotel to explore both around the lake and inland. Rovereto and Trento both well worth a visit & both offer much more of an Italian flavour.

The walk from the hotel along to Torbole is good, and for walkers, there is a lovely 5 Km walk to Arco along the beautiful river Sarca. Arco itself is a beautiful small town, with a lovely square. Sit in café Trentino and join the locals in enjoying a coffee or a Spritz at very reasonable process.

Room Tip: High floor for best views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marina061

Mr./Mrs. Marina061
many thanks for the fine words of appreciation. It gives us much satisfaction seeing that guests choose our hotel for several times throughout the years.
We will be glad to welcome you also in the next summer!
Best greetings from Riva del Garda.
Eugenia Venturi

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I chose the Mirage due to the bike rental station associated with the hotel. The location of the hotel is very good for the lake front, being approx. a hundred meters away. The town centre is a kilometre or so, but it’s a pleasant walk along the lake front.

Rooms: The rooms are basic but clean and do the job. I was in a single that had a door out onto a walk way of the fire escape which wasn't perhaps ideal but I booked late. The room has adequate bathroom facilities, a great shower and the bed was fine for the duration of the stay. I couldn't seem to connect to the WIFI in the room at all and had to go to the communal areas. The worst thing about the room was perhaps its location next to what seemed to be some kind of cleaning supplies cupboard, which meant from about 7.30am the door was left on the latch to loudly and constantly be banged on the frame which meant a lie in was practically impossible as the noise was constant and pretty loud. The room had a reasonably stocked mini fridge that was a nice addition. The TV had at least one English Channel which was nice. All in all the rooms are not too bad.

Communal Areas: The hotel bar was good, had decent prices and made fairly decent cocktails. It's a nice area to sit outside and have a drink at night.

Bike "room": The name bike room to me implied it would be a secure room, which you couldn't look into. This is not the case. The bike room is a lockable cage in the corner of the underground car park. It's not bad and the bike I rented was OK there but I could quite easily imagine things being stolen from this lock-up and bikes are NOT under any insurance while in the bike area if rented from the hotel. It wasn't too bad but I would happily have paid a little more in rental for the bike to be insured in the bike area. Also note, though the site shows a bike being stored in the hotel room, this is not allowed.

Felt bike station: The felt bike station is a short walk from the hotel and has a reasonable range of bikes. When booking you get a choice of XC and DH bikes but in reality they are all XC bikes, as even the full suspension bikes are only short travel cross country bikes. I rented the Edict LTD 2011 full suspension bike and the Felt Team 29er hard tail during the week. Note that rental has no insurance of the bike attached at all and if they are stolen you are responsible for replacement at list price (which on something like the Edict LTD is 8000 euros). The felt station is run by a helpful young lady, who did her best to help get the most out of the bikes and suggested nice routes to ride etc, but I got the impression could have done with a bit more training in how to maintain the bikes. The Edict limited I rented had a loose or worn headset and shifted badly and the Team 29er shifted badly, and had a loose rear brake calliper which I ended up having to fix (the brakes needed bleeding and stripping to be honest as the pistons were not properly returning and the pads were a bit notchy on braking). These were all small jobs that could have easily been fixed in a few hours work, so really it was a little disappointing having to fix them myself. Fortunately I had a multi-tool, pump and shock pump to sort the various issues out. If you are renting from the felt station I would; bring a multi-tool so you can fix gears/brakes etc if needed, bring a spare inner tube or two and a pump (they don't provide them), you might want to bring a lock too and you certainly want to insure yourself to cover the bike if you can. I enjoyed riding the area and using the bikes though, so all in all it was a good experience and I wouldn’t let the issue I mention put you off.

Payment policy: For some reason the hotel only allows bill payment between 7am and 10.30pm. It advertises this with a small and easily missed sign on the front desk stuck in the middle of a bunch of other signs. When I tried to pay last thing at night due to an early airport pick-up, I was met with a fair degree of irritation and informed "we have a sign" *lots of pointing and shrugging of shoulders*. Then, despite the obvious irritation, the card payment went through with no problem. All a bit odd really and I've never come across anything similar anywhere I have ever stayed. Worth keeping in mind when paying though.

All in all I had a good stay in the hotel, which could have been great but for a few small oddities. The felt bike rental is a good idea which just needs a little more effort and time put into it. Adding insurance to the rental cost would make it a much less worrisome experience.

I'd recommend the hotel though, it’s decent, has good service for the most part and is well located.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms near the lifts or cleaning supply cupboard if you want a decent lay in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank GLD2
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Can't really fault it. Boutique like minamalist hotel, that was very clean. Staff were helpful. My wife says the beds and pillows were a bit hard, but that's a matter of preference. It is a bit far out from Riva centre, about 20 mins but that didnt bother us. Parking is limited with free parking in the grounds but you pay for the underground parking. We always managed to get above ground.The breakfast choice was good and the staff excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel is modern and very well located. The decoration is nice and very sports friendly . Rooms are modern and bike trend is all over the Hotel! The lake Garda is two steps from Hotel and you can walk to the city centre by the lake which is a very nice long walk . Breakfast is not great but OK for the type of Hotel . One problem is that Hotel is expensive for the service offered. The second problem is that checkout time is 10:00 am ! I had to request special favour to extend until 12:00 AM. If I wanted to stay until 15:00 H I had to pay extra Euro 40,0 and means the hotel was not full ! These small things make a lot of difference.

Room Tip: Be aware of check out at 10:00 am
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business