I have travelled to Riva del Garda many times but this is the first time I have stayed in such a wonderful hotel there. The whole family (five of us) stayed there for five days to celebrate my wife's birthday. The location could not be better as it is close to the lake but also in very close walking distance to the centre of Riva and all the shops and restaurants. The staff are impeccable and are very well trained and helpful. The breakfast offers pretty much everything and was of high quality. The room itself was very comfortable (especially the bed, which is very large) and well equipped. My only criticism is that the bathroom is more style over substance and the hand basin really annoyed me. Also you must be prepared for everything to be very modern albeit in a classical setting. The swimming pools both inside and out are excellent and well maintained and there are plenty of sun loungers and places to relax undisturbed. It isn't cheap, but for this standard you wouldn't expect it to be. We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a spectacular location on the northern edge of picturesque Lake Garda, Lido Palace is a stunning Belle Époque building, set within 19th-century gardens filled with fragrant cypress, cedar and magnolia trees. Recently renovated, the Liberty Style palace impresses with contemporary interior design which epitomizes chic modernity. The rooms - almost a symbiosis of light, nature and elegant interior design - are modern, wide and bright spaces taking advantage of the contrast between the minimal style of the interiors and the romantic view on Lake Garda. The 1,500sq m spa offers a collection of globetrotting treatments, including a Finnish sauna, Mediterranean bath, Indian massages and Native American stone treatments. Its guests are invited to enjoy the serenity in an elegant setting tasting savory meals by Chef Giuseppe Sestito. Tremani is the hotel's more laid-back lunchtime eatery offering healthy imaginative meals. For intimate evening meals, Il Re della Busa is decadent and distinguished, with exquisitely rendered morsels of haute cuisine in sleek designer surroundings and backlit views of the grounds. The restaurant overlooks the gardens, which are a mix of manicured lawns and forested foothills, grab a seat by the window to gaze upon them as you eat. If it's a balmy night, get a table on the balcony deck. Fine-dining chefs are usually fiercely protective of their recipes, but chef Giuseppe Sestito will happily share some of the secrets to his creations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lido Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Palace Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Lido Palace Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy