“Absolutely marvellous”

Ranked #3 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely marvellous”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have travelled to Riva del Garda many times but this is the first time I have stayed in such a wonderful hotel there. The whole family (five of us) stayed there for five days to celebrate my wife's birthday. The location could not be better as it is close to the lake but also in very close walking distance to the centre of Riva and all the shops and restaurants. The staff are impeccable and are very well trained and helpful. The breakfast offers pretty much everything and was of high quality. The room itself was very comfortable (especially the bed, which is very large) and well equipped. My only criticism is that the bathroom is more style over substance and the hand basin really annoyed me. Also you must be prepared for everything to be very modern albeit in a classical setting. The swimming pools both inside and out are excellent and well maintained and there are plenty of sun loungers and places to relax undisturbed. It isn't cheap, but for this standard you wouldn't expect it to be. We loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you Dear Mr Nick N for having chosen the Lido Palace while staying in Riva del Garda.
Just 7 months ago this area has been nominated the “Best place to live in Italy” by the major Italian newspapers and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed the stay with us very much. We are very focused and committed in terms of friendliness and service while the rest is done by the hardware such as the 1,500 sqm CXI Spa (including two swimming pools), two restaurants and comfortable rooms and suites. As far as the bathroom is concerned, although I may understand your point of view, the Archistar provided to furnished this facility with Corian material which is recognized as more hygienic and precious compared with marble.
I wish to have the chance to welcome back at the Lido Palace and in the meantime, I remain with best regards

Gabriele Galieni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a very impressive hotel in all kinds of ways. The location is ideal, the buildings impressive and unusual, the staff extraordinarily helpful, the rooms sleek and modern, the restaurant exceptional (and what a view! ), and a wonderful overall ambience.
Sitting at the outside bar after dinner and taking in the view with the excellent piano player in the background...we agreed life can't get much better (true...at some expense!)
Particular kudos to the front desk people, the restaurant staff and the manager...professional, warm and caring.
The coming together of the sleek modern style in the context of the grand old building is unique and for the most part works very well...although the bathroom sinks are form without function!
We highly regretted we had only one day here and look forward to return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tallmantraveling49
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good eveining Mr Tallmantraveling49,

It is with great pleasure that I read about your recent experience at Lido Palace in Riva del Garda. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed every details of your day with us, from the food and service of Re della Busa restaurant to the pianobar at the Balì Bar terrace as well as the ambiance and the harmony between the modern style in combination with the historical asset (Lido Palace is 115 years old).
I really look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kindest regards
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here for 2 short nights as part of our 2 week vacation in Italy. We knew when we booked our room that this place would be special, but we had no idea it would knock our socks off! This hotel is like a little slice of paradise in Riva del Garda. The hotel's spacious grounds are in a gated area that make it seem like a private park that keeps the riff raft out. Every single person at this hotel was very friendly and seemed to genuinely care about us and making sure our needs were met. We stayed at 3 - 5 star hotels during our vacation to Italy, and Lido Palace was BY FAR the best! The breakfast spread and options are fantastic, as well as the patio you get to eat breakfast on. Dinner was splendid as well and we liked out large the hotel and grounds were. It did not feel like you were on top of the other guests or vice versa.

Our room was very spacious and overlooked the lake. We liked walking from the hotel, as the lake is very close for swimming - and gelato is right out the back gate as well. You can walk into the city center from the hotel also.

I wish I could be more specific, but this hotel really knows what they are doing. They put the guests needs first and don't treat anyone like they don't belong there. We really liked the spa also - I fell asleep on the water bed in the salt room for almost 2 hours!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Mr Waterman22,

let me first of all to express my gratitude for the nice words spent regarding our capability to perform in compliance with your expectations. To exceed them is our mission and we are very proud to understand that this is exactly what we have done.
I also would like to underline that this area has been nominated as the "best place to live in Italy" and to realize that the Lido Palace represents its jewel makes us very happy.
I will not miss this great opportunity to share your comment with all the staff and to exhort them to move in this direction.
I look forward to welcoming you once again at the Lido Palace and in the meantime, I remain with best regards
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review on the second day of a third night break as believe things can't get any better! The Lido palace is truly a 5 * hotel!

The check in was seamless, friendly yet professional. We were shown to our room and all features explained. Our room is a delight and has it's own balcony with views over the lake. There was a note from the general manager wishing us a happy wedding anniversary which was a lovely personal touch.

We ate in the restaurant that evening and the food delicious and staff professional and attentive. We then retired to our room which had been prepared for us as curtains were drawn and water placed near the bed. Again, a lovely touch.

Breakfast this morning was delightful and staff again very friendly and professional. We have 2 more nights at the hotel and we both can't wait.

We have stayed at a number of 5* hotels around the world and the Lido Palace ranks near the top.

Keep up the great work and thanks for making our wedding anniversary very special

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Wayiman
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Mr Wayiman,
I thank you very much for leaving such a complimentary review of your recent visit to the Lido Palace. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us in this special occasion and that you highly valued our premises as well as the service provided.
Our mission is to provide the best service and your comment will encourage all of us in doing even better. Definitively I will share your kind words with the whole staff while I am so grateful for pampering experience to each of our Guests.
I look forward to welcoming you again at the Lido Place and in the meantime, I remain with best regards

Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Lido Palace has to be the best hotel on Lake Garda, maybe the best in Northern Italy!
We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed every moment. The location, service, food, spa, rooms, cleanliness, design, in fact everything about this hotel is first class. Everything has been thought of and is delivered, consistently by every member of the hotel team.
I would highly recommend the Lido Palace, it is a bit expensive, but if you want the best, this is it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Mr TofferJesty,

It was truly a pleasure having you as our Guest during your recent visit to Riva del Garda.
On behalf of the entire team at the Lido Palace, we are so pleased that your were able to experience our Hotel and enjoy the high service and quality level upon which we pride ourselves.
I will share your comments with everyone here and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

As it was our honeymoon we decided to book a Junior Suite and we weren't disappointed. The room was on the corner of the 2nd floor nearest to the Lake and so we had a great view of the Lake and the Bastille. The room was spacious and decor was contemporary...I think someone has commented about the concrete floor and I would tend to agree I think a wooden floor would have worked better.

The bathroom was "open plan" i.e. no door....was well equipped with a separate shower and bath. Toiletries were high quality and well stocked with both slippers and flip flops available for use. There was plenty of wardrobe space and the TV had all UK channels.

The spa is awesome, in fact one of the best I have ever experienced....the steam area was my favourite with the salt room for further relaxation being a fabulous way to wind down after a day out exploring.

The only real criticism is that the breakfast wasn't five star....and as such would recommend the hotel look to improve on this front by increasing variety as well as looking at more healthier options being available.

The staff were extremely polite and attentive. I happened to mention it was our honeymoon to which the receptionist looked almost hurt we hadn't mentioned previously...the following evening we found a lovely bottle of olive oil as a small token which was a lovely touch.

I would like to think I will return to such a great hotel with wonderful hospitality to celebrate another special occasion.

Room Tip: A junior suite on the corner of the lake was fabulous....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mistyhere
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Good evening Dear mistyhere and thank you for having chosen the Lido Palace for such important occasion.
We are very attentive to each comment that our Guests produce. This is the reason why in february we have provided to place the door in eight bathrooms where these were missing. The privacy is now guaranteed. Also in the breakfast room some products mainly related to vegetarian aspect have been added. As far as the CXI Spa is concerned, it is something that makes the difference in terms of hospitality and rest. To provide more variety in terms of treatments, we have created the "7 ceremonies" path that are an homage to nature, time and silence, used from Japan to China to the South Seas and are designed to restore your balance of energy through personalized advice to choose the itinerary that best suits your needs.
I look forward to welcome back in order to let you experience all these newness.
Best regards
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We took a super long weekend break (5 nights) here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is perfect by the lake and a very short stroll into the town centre. The rooms were quiet and peaceful. The bed was lovely and comfortable (if firm - typical in Italy). The service from front desk, waiters, bar staff was all excellent. Friendly yet classy. The food in the restaurant was lovely in the evening whilst the breakfast spread was wide. Overall this was a lovely relaxing break at an exclusive feeling hotel. The only slight design point I was unsure of was the hard floors in the bedroom, but otherwise everything was fabulous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HLP R, Direttore at Lido Palace, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Good evening Mr Stuart W and thank you for having chosen the Lido Palace in Riva del Garda for your long week end.
We are happy you have enjoyed our services and especially the food of our Re della Busa Restaurant. We are at present developing the new menù mainly because of the season nature product and the Easter festivity (for example asparagus and lamb). With our Executive Chef we are very attentive to propose the best of the period. As far as the hard floors of the bedroom is concerned I may agree with you. The level of appreciation of the parquet floor all around the bed and resin floor in the remain space of the room may be very subjective. In fact the Architect has created a sort of a wow effect once the Custmer enter in our Lido Palace without spoiling the richness of the historical heritage.
I look forward to welcoming you again at the Lido Palace
Best regards
#10 of 62 in Riva Del Garda
Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort
Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort
#9 of 62 in Riva Del Garda

Been to Lido Palace? Share your experiences!