As it was our honeymoon we decided to book a Junior Suite and we weren't disappointed. The room was on the corner of the 2nd floor nearest to the Lake and so we had a great view of the Lake and the Bastille. The room was spacious and decor was contemporary...I think someone has commented about the concrete floor and I would tend to agree I think a wooden floor would have worked better.
The bathroom was "open plan" i.e. no door....was well equipped with a separate shower and bath. Toiletries were high quality and well stocked with both slippers and flip flops available for use. There was plenty of wardrobe space and the TV had all UK channels.
The spa is awesome, in fact one of the best I have ever experienced....the steam area was my favourite with the salt room for further relaxation being a fabulous way to wind down after a day out exploring.
The only real criticism is that the breakfast wasn't five star....and as such would recommend the hotel look to improve on this front by increasing variety as well as looking at more healthier options being available.
The staff were extremely polite and attentive. I happened to mention it was our honeymoon to which the receptionist looked almost hurt we hadn't mentioned previously...the following evening we found a lovely bottle of olive oil as a small token which was a lovely touch.
I would like to think I will return to such a great hotel with wonderful hospitality to celebrate another special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a spectacular location on the northern edge of picturesque Lake Garda, Lido Palace is a stunning Belle Époque building, set within 19th-century gardens filled with fragrant cypress, cedar and magnolia trees. Recently renovated, the Liberty Style palace impresses with contemporary interior design which epitomizes chic modernity. The rooms - almost a symbiosis of light, nature and elegant interior design - are modern, wide and bright spaces taking advantage of the contrast between the minimal style of the interiors and the romantic view on Lake Garda. The 1,500sq m spa offers a collection of globetrotting treatments, including a Finnish sauna, Mediterranean bath, Indian massages and Native American stone treatments. Its guests are invited to enjoy the serenity in an elegant setting tasting savory meals by Chef Giuseppe Sestito. Tremani is the hotel's more laid-back lunchtime eatery offering healthy imaginative meals. For intimate evening meals, Il Re della Busa is decadent and distinguished, with exquisitely rendered morsels of haute cuisine in sleek designer surroundings and backlit views of the grounds. The restaurant overlooks the gardens, which are a mix of manicured lawns and forested foothills, grab a seat by the window to gaze upon them as you eat. If it's a balmy night, get a table on the balcony deck. Fine-dining chefs are usually fiercely protective of their recipes, but chef Giuseppe Sestito will happily share some of the secrets to his creations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Lido Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Palace Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Lido Palace Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy