This is a first. I have stayed in many hotels, both for business and pleasure. All had windows with a view of some nature. Photo attached shows our view of the sky only!! Room faults:
1. Only 1 bedside locker and 1 bedside lamp.
2. Wardrobes totally dishevelled and in a darkened of the room.
3. Décor of the room was 1960's and shabby.
4. Bathroom door stuck on floor tiles.
5. Shower area a disaster and without handle to lever yourself out of the high-rimmed bath.
6. Cheapest and tiniest toiletries imaginable
7. No place to hang towels
8. Sheets falling off the bed
These rooms should not be offered in a 3 or 4 star hotel... or indeed, in view of the lack of windows, they don't seem fit for a prison.
The receptionists were cold and unfriendly, whereas the dining room staff were mainly good (except for one who produced a red card to a fellow guest for taking a knife and fork from another table!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated at only 200 meters from town center and lake side. We provide for our Guest, free parking, free Wi-Fi in lounge area and all rooms, free access to pools,fitness room,sauna, turkish bath, kneipp and relax zone. We have 94 rooms but we are still a family hotel. We serve lunch on our terrace overlooking the pool and garden.We also provide half board/full board accomodation, and we can also manage for a wonderful wedding if you wish to marry in Riva del Garda ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hotel Liberty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Riva Del Garda