Great hotel -- my son remarked 'this is like one of those places that Poirot probably stayed in to solve a mystery' and that kinda summed the character of the place up. Old world meets new, lots of high ceilings and beautiful old furniture, yet very modern too. Rooms scrupulously clean, beds comfy, nice modern shower. free safe, TV, hairdryer etc. If i had just one little gripe it would be that the only english stations were the news channels, and whilst you only tend to put it on for a bit of background noise before bedtime, who really wants to hear the (usually bad) news on hol. Some people said that they missed tea/coffee in the rooms. That all said I couldn't fault this hotel at all. The restaurant was really good, lovely cuisine and a good choices, breakfast was the usual eggs n bacon and cold meats/cheese/fruit and lots of it etc. The waiters were great fun and for those of you of a certain age you'll understand when i say the maitre'd is the double of Harry Worth and he ran the restaurant like clockwork. Really nice bar areas, prosecco is made locally and is just 3 euro a glass! In fact all the bar prices were very reasonable. There was an impressive indoor spa that had gym, good size heated pool, rest beds and jacuzzi etc, also an amazing rainforest shower. There is also a beautician but i didn't try it so can't comment. There were very few children at this hotel when i was there, which to be honest added to our experience (sorry mums n dads, don't mean i don't like kids, its just nice to be able to fully relax). The hotel is right in the centre of things, two mins brings you to the main shopping area and lakeside cafes. There is a supermarket across the road, and the prices are really good. Riva and the surrounding scenery is breathtaking. Its all unspoilt and not a McDonalds/KFC or football/beer swillers bar in sight - wonderful. It is so lovely to spend your evenings down at the lakeside, the cafe culture and town is really good and just like the hotel there is a really good mix of new and old. The prices for meals and drinks were amazingly cheap. During the day there is a small ferry that will bring you to all the towns around the lake, but the must do is Malcesine (you can go there on the bus for less than 3 euro, bus station is five mins walk from hotel, the receptionist will give you the timetable, the receptionists were really helpful and informative). Malcesine is just the prettiest, most romantic, quaint place. cobbled streets and a lovely castle on the lake. There is also a cable car there (cant rem price but it was fairly reasonable) that will bring you to the top of mont baldo, and whilst it was 22 degrees celsius at lake level, we were able to throw snowballs at each other when we got to the top - amazing. The tour guide Renate was fabulous, very informative, friendly and full of really useful tips. Follow her recommendations, she really knows what shes doing. Venice was great (I cannot believe we got a 30 min gondola ride for only 19 euro, with free prosecco thrown in - thanks Renate, you really made this holiday for us). Verona is beautiful and the lake trip was a must. Normally we do our own thing on hols, but i have to take my hat off to the travel dept - that holiday was really well organised and great value for money. Don't usually say this, but will definately go back because it lived up to all the promises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated at only 200 meters from town center and lake side. We provide for our Guest, free parking, free Wi-Fi in lounge area and all rooms, free access to pools,fitness room,sauna, turkish bath, kneipp and relax zone. We have 94 rooms but we are still a family hotel. We serve lunch on our terrace overlooking the pool and garden.We also provide half board/full board accomodation, and we can also manage for a wonderful wedding if you wish to marry in Riva del Garda ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Grand Hotel Liberty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Grand Hotel Liberty Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy