Just back from one week in the Grand Hotel Liberty with the Travel Department, which was very enjoyable. This is a fine hotel, well situated near the centre of Riva del Garda, a scenic town on Lake Garda with lots to see and do. It is an old style building, but with a beautiful bar downstairs and a fabulous spa. The spa is one of the greatest assets in this hotel and it costs just 8 euros for your stay to cover the cost of towels and robes. The bedroom, we stayed in was tired and needs urgent updating. The air conditioning worked but as it switched on and off during the night it did on occasion keep us awake. However, that said we were comfortable and the room was well cleaned each day and towels were changed daily also. As our package included breakfast and dinner each evening we ate in the hotel dining room. The food on offer was adequate but not exciting e.g. There was very little fish available with the exception of tuna and salmon...another evening one of the main course options was an omelette! To be fair some starters were appetising as were some desserts. We did not understand however why one could not have a coffee in the dining room after your meal? Some staff were very professional and efficient and food was served quickly. Others seemed to be distant and more interested in getting their assigned tables cleared as quickly as possible. Breakfast was adequate and the hot food available was most welcome. The outdoor swimming pool area and garden are excellent facilities, well maintained and spotlessly clean. There were always enough chairs (loungers) around the pool and the views from it are spectacular. The advantages of this hotel are its location near the centre of RIva del Garda, the views from it, it's facilities such as pool and spa and it's relaxing ambiance. However, we felt that some improvements could make this hotel outstanding such as updating bedrooms and corridors and improving the quality and variety of food available. A quiet word with some staff might not go astray either. Would we return...most certainly yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated at only 200 meters from town center and lake side. We provide for our Guest, free parking, free Wi-Fi in lounge area and all rooms, free access to pools,fitness room,sauna, turkish bath, kneipp and relax zone. We have 94 rooms but we are still a family hotel. We serve lunch on our terrace overlooking the pool and garden.We also provide half board/full board accomodation, and we can also manage for a wonderful wedding if you wish to marry in Riva del Garda ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hotel Liberty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Grand Hotel Liberty Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy