“Extremely good hotel for price paid”
Review of Hotel Gardesana

Ranked #39 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Extremely good hotel for price paid”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

ecently retuned from a weeks stay at this hotel, travelling with The Travel Deparment. Arriving late in the evening, the staff had waited on to provide us with an evening meal. The rooms are small however, they are very clean, with sheets and towels being renewed regularly. I was a bit scared that I would not like the food, but I can honestly say every meal was fantastic. We were given a menu evey morning at breakfast, where we selected from a choice of three starters, three main dishes and three deserts. Breakfast is continental, no problem there, as there is sufficient to select from. The staff at the hotel are really friendly. The walk into Riva along the Lake Shore is wonderful, and Riva itself is a beautiful town. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Did not visit any other room, we stayed in Room 120, twin beds, small but sufficient, had a nice lit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Good evening and thanks !

Wonderful to read that you are happy with us at all !
We give italian food menu and always improve our quality,
this year we didn't receive a negative for restaurant quality
and all our staff ! Very good and we can see it from all reviews !

Thanks again and don't forget to return very soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

For the price I cannot fault this hotel! cosy room, great shower, TV & Free WiFi (In your room), single bed was a little small, but not uncomfortable. Staff were very helpful and even printed me off an assortment of maps and bus timetables for the area. Would definitely stay here again ~ recommended!

Room Tip: Single room's bed a little small if your on the larger side, would go for a double in that case!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Good evening and thanks a lot for the review !

Really nice to read that you appreciate our services
and that you will definetely come back with us !
I am sure you will also reccomend our hotel with friends :)

Thanks again and see you soon
County Louth Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2012

across the road from the lake. fab pool & gardens. great friendly staff.no air con but i got a fan.food was ok but that was because some guests complained & wanted "english food" well hello if you want that..stay at home!!!!...overall it was great & the Travel Dept are fantastic to travel with. so professional.I will be back to riva del garde next year with the travel dept.I was a "solo" traveller & they couldnt do enough for me.

Eimear

Room Tip: rooms are just to sleep in for your holiday..not to live in!!!! my single room was enough for me!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank EimearC504
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Good afternoon and thanks a lot !

Happy yo see that you liked your stay and the holiday overall !

We do our best for the food and everyone is happy, but of course we cannot
make foos of another country in Italy :-)

Hope to see you again
Thanks
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just returned after spending a week in this hotel, the staff are extremely friendly. Although we had a late check in, and to late for dinner we were given a packed lunch next day. Maid service daily with clean towels Pool area very relaxing . Great location as it is just across the road from the lake. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and hope to stay here again, when I return to Riva Del Garda.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ellen G
AlessandroLiberty, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Good afternoon and thanks a lot !

Waiting you and friends next time in Riva in our Hotel !

Have a nice day !
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a good 3 star - better than many 4 star. Comfortable and clean. Very helpful staff. Food very good and again helpful staff in dining room. Rooms are adequate. Ours had a nice mountain view and small balcony. Nice location, about 20 min walk from centre,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2frank2
Good afternoon and thanks a lot for your review !

We always do our best to make happy our Guest .-)
Hope to see you in the future !

school
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hi have just returned from a weeks package holiday with the Travel Department at the Hotel Gardesana we arrived about 10pm and had no evening meal which was exceptable as it was late, checked into a single room very small more like a corrrador than a room but clean no air com so very hot and stuffy only small window. Had a reasonable nights sleep, went for breakfast next morning early enough but food was of a good quality which is more than I can say for the evening meal, breakfast was the same every morning. After about the 3rd day I asked the girl on receiption if it was possible to change to a double room she said yes but there would be a charge of €30 per night which was fine. The next day The group went on tour to Venice and when we got back all my luggage was shifted to new room which was great untill after dinner I went up to my room for a while and was sitting on the balcony when I noticed some 'ANTS' running back and forth on the ground I watched them for a while and then noticed a crack in the door frame of the balcony and they seem to be going in and out of this so I checked inside the door well to say I nearly passed out is an understatement, when I lifted the curtain there was at least a couple of thousand ANTS in the curtains and on the side of the dressing table inside the doors, I called receiption and the girl (very nice girl) said she would come up and have a look, in the mean time I checked under the dressing table and there was at least a couple of hundred half dead flies under there at this stage I began to freak as all I could think of was if I had not seen them and I had been asleep in bed that night I would have been covered in both goes beyond thinking. The girl came up and could not believe it when she saw it she tried to kill them but there was too many, so we just packed up my belongings and moved me to another room which was fine but I still felt very uncomfortable. What I would like to know is why the cleaning staff had not noticed this and it had to have happened over a time. Also when paying my bill I ask if I got any discount on the extra charge for the distress and was told no the owner said no. As I said the staff were brilliant but I would never stay in this hotel again or recommment it to anyone.

Room Tip: dont have any
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank catherineSchool
, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Good afternoon and thanks for your review

I am really sorry about the Ants problem, sometime when it rains
and comes back very hot, could happen but I will check better the room
and fix the problem.

Thanks a lot
Uddingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a small friendly fantastic hotel with excellent food, excellent service and oh so friendly. The cleanliness of the hotel is exemplary, with clean towels every day. The rooms are adequate but quite small and if you like to spend a lot of time on the balcony there is just enough room for two very close chairs. Don't be put off by this. The swimming pool is at the back of hotel and again it is fab. In September by late afternoon it got quite cold but great up till then. You are only five minutes across a busy road to the beach and walkway. The views are breathtaking and every bend had another most amazing view. I would recommend this hotel at the top of the lake and it only takes about 15 minutes to leisurely walk into riva. will definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Rooms at front were slighly noisy but on the left side looking at hotel it was just dandy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank MusicbirdUdddingston
, Owner at Hotel Gardesana, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Good afternoon and thanks !!!

I am really happy that you enjoied your stay with us
and I really hope to see you again next time here :)

Thanks a lot also from all the Staff
Have a nice summer

#14 of 62 in Riva Del Garda
Hotel Gabry
Hotel Gabry
#23 of 62 in Riva Del Garda

Been to Hotel Gardesana? Share your experiences!