“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tel: 0464 552249
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is our favourite restaurant in Riva. We visited seven years ago and once we’d had a taste of the amazing food, we returned several times during the same holiday. We visited Riva again in May 2013 and were delighted to find it still there, so ate there a few more times this visit. I’m delighted to say that the escalopine al limone is still sublime, just as I remember it. I had it with chips (basic but it complemented it perfectly) and this has gone straight to the top of my favourite meals of all time! My husband had the spinach dumplings which were also beautiful. With wonderful attentive staff (who didn’t mind our baby screaming too much which is a bonus) and a perfect position overlooking a pretty square and the lake, I cannot think of a better place to have a meal. We may even go back to Riva again just so I can taste those escalopes again!

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We ate here twice and position of restaurant and food very good but head waiter very pompous but other staff very friendly. Constructive criticism would be for head waiter to be more pleasant.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Came across this eatery in a nice square in Riva and as there seemed to be tables available we asked for a table for six. Shown to a table where we sat for at least 7 mins. Staff walked past us, made no attempt to offer us menus, a drink or even an acknowledgement that we were there! I'm sure the food would have been good and reasonably priced but we never got the opportunity to try it! Maybe they were having a bad night but as the restaurant was not exactly bursting at the seams it was a disappointing experience. Next time we are Riva we will give a try and hopefully it will be a better experience. Sorry.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I ate at this restaurant several times during my visit in May 2012. The proprietor/waiter was punctual and complimentary about my Italian. I ate mainly veal cutlets with various sauces and each time they were delicious. The tomato salad was simple but really delicious, and the bread sticks that came with the meal were clearly home-made and very tasty. Although the weather was not wonderful I was still able to sit at a table on the terrace with a nice view across the square to the lake front. It was the beginning of the season and there were not many diners around, so it was nice that the owner took the time to chat to me. I would certainly go there to eat again as there was a good variety on the menu at reasonable prices - not a tourist rip-off like some of the other restaurants in town.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in Riva for a night and went here for dinner. We enjoyed the meal but in hindsight nothing stands out except the rain and hail storm that caused some flooding and forced us inside for dessert.