This hotel has at first glance an unpromising location. Its on the main road and 250 metres behind it is an engineering works. But, its a stylish comfortable place with excellent food and service. We stayed half board for a week. Our room overlooking the pool was on the small side but it was comfortable with a nice modern shower room. Not the place to sit at leisure, but the comfortable bar, or the garden ticked that box admirably. The buffet Breakfast started the day with plenty of choice, as much as you like, with fresh fruit, cereals, bread, scrambed and boiled eggs, bacon, youghurts, cakes, coffe, juices and tea, too much to list.
Just across the road are footpaths to the lake shore, and the road outside leads quickly to the town centre, easily walkable in 10 minutes. We were out all day and found many easy and more testing walks in the local countryside. The town is great with loads of eating places and lots of seats to while away your time. Walk along the shore to the River and up the cycleway to Arco and bus back. Walk up to the Bastion cafe, it will make you puff and get the blood pulsing. The best walk of all is towards Limone on the path cut into the side of the mountains straight over the water - spectacular views.
When you come back an excellent buffet dinner will be waiting. Two main course choices, one often fresh fish, pasta dishes, a galaxy of bits and pieces to start, salad, and some pasta for a secondo.
The hotel staff are all great, friendly, efficient smiling people who are eager to please.
An excellent place to stay on Lake Garda. People who critiscise the food are just criticising the Italian way of cooking (ie rare beef, fresh fish and unusual vegetables like fennel and artichokes) ignore them because this is Italy, not meat and two veg land!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Luise is just 500 meters from Riva Del Garda's historical center and a 3-minute walk from the lake. Built in 1959, and now a modern design hotel, it is inspired by the theme of the journey and by the atmosphere of the '50s and '60s. All rooms are newly renovated, with parquet and modern furniture, air conditioning and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The superior rooms have a balcony. The Millelire restaurant serves a superb buffet breakfast, with sweet and savoury, and hot and cold dishes, and is open at night for dinner too. The Hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, Wi-Fi connection in all the rooms and common areas, a private parking place, a children's playground and a kids' club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Luise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Feeling Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Feeling Luise Hotel
- Hotel Luise Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy