“Good food, poor service”

Ristorante Pizzeria Leon d'Oro
Ranked #10 of 147 Restaurants in Riva Del Garda
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Managed by Salvaneschi Family since 1939, this hystorical restaurant is placed in the old town, pedestrian area. Divided in 4 rooms, furbished with original pieces of the Austro Ungarian period. There is the possibilità even to eat outside in a very carateristic road, Via Fiume
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We got a table within a few minutes despite not having a reservation. The restaurant is deceptively huge and can seat a great many people! Although if you want a table outside then you must book in advance.

After being seated we had to wait for a while before we were attended to - even for drinks and starters. In fact, we had to ask for service every time we needed something. Although when being served our waitress was very friendly and polite, we felt that the waiters were overworked compared with the number of diners.

We ordered pizza calabrese and spaghetti with garlic and chilli. The pizza was good but we are pretty sure we got served a margarita instead of calabrese that we ordered. The spaghetti was good. We didn't want to create a fuss and create further delay and therefore just accepted what we got.

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“One of the highlights of our Lake Garda holiday”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a deceptively large restaurant. Beyond the row of tables on the cobbled street, there are 4 large dining areas inside. We dined twice at the restaurant and on both occasions they were extremely busy with both tourists and locals (always a good sign). The menu is extensive and the food absolutely delicious. The place has the feel of a very established family business who take pride in their product. I would highly recommend the Rissottos. Staff were very attentive and extremely friendly.

“Wonderful Italian meal”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We ate here on our final evening in Riva. Most tables are outside and the Maitre D was very helpful in arranging seating for our family of 4. The food here was really tasty, I had a delicious spaghetti pesto dish and black olive bruschetta. The kids shared a pizza and there were no leftovers. Every diner around seemed equally imressed with the food and service. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Bramhall, United Kingdom
“happy to be back again”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

back to Leon d'Oro again and then....again. I have been there first time for an early dinner with my family. Food is excellent as always, I tried the "crudita'', simply delicious, on a suggestion from the owner, Luca, a Pinot Bianco, white local wine that goes perfectly with the seafood. the atmosphere is relaxed and the waiters are nice and always ready to accommodate your requests. Every time I go there I feel at home and I have never been disappointed. But just be smart, July and August is the peak season, the restaurant is packed because it is good, early dinner or late dinner are suggested. if you want to go there in the peak time, then you'd better not complain about slow service. The second time I have been there for lunch in my shorts and flip flops, I sat outside, just perfect, watching people passing by, mi kids safely running up and down the narrow street where there is no traffic.. I had a good hour for easing my mind. By the way I had again "crudita'" the seafood, this time with a good and cold local beer, my kids had pizza and then we tried the "carne salada', a special local dish, that I really love. I am really going to have another go before going back home.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stumbled across this lovely little restaurant on a day trip to Riva. The menu is expansive and the service was spot on, even though they were very busy. I had a pizza capriciosa and it was without a doubt the best pizza I have ever eaten (and I've eaten more than my fair share). My daughter had a pizza esotica (basically ham and pineapple) and my wife an insalata capriciossa as she wasn't that hungry. The salad would have fed all three of us on its own. Had we been staying in Riva we would undoubtably have returned as there were many dishes we would have tried. Definately worth a visit if you are in the area.