“The best choice in Riva and best value for money...”
Review of la Montanara

la Montanara
Ranked #31 of 147 Restaurants in Riva Del Garda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Riva del Garda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best choice in Riva and best value for money...”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We have recently been in Riva del Garda and had been recommended La Montanara. We were instantly in love with the place and it ended up we went and ate there either for lunch or dinner almost every day. Very friendly service and lovely and varied Italian cuisine. - And the absolute value for money!

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
derbyshire
“Worst meal ever in Italy for 20 years”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Always check that there are Italian customers in the restaurant you decide to eat at - a simple precaution. If there aren't any, don't eat there. We didn't unfortunately follow this rule with Ristorante la Montanara, just tourists seemed to be present. I chose the entrecote steak. The meat was tough with seams of gristle running through it- I couldn't eat this. The manager took it away, then came back to tell me that the staff in the kitchen had tried it and they thought it was fine. I tried to point out that it was the customer's opinion that was the important one here, but to no avail. I was bullied into paying for a meal I hadn't eaten. I hope the kitchen staff enjoyed the steak I paid for. With over 20 years experience of visiting and working in Italy, this was the worst dining experience I have ever had.

2 Thank archaeologista