“beautiful place TERRIBLE service”

and 1 more site!
Park Hotel Villa Potenziani
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Rieti
Reviewed September 5, 2011

as a first couple of nights of honeymoon before leaving Rieti my wife and I stayed at villa potenziani and I had made a reservation to surprise her with the beauty of the mansion. the place is beautiful, nothing to say. the service is definitely not at the standard of a 4 stars hotel. upon arrival I had to ask the person at the reception to bring the luggages in the room. on the second day my wife had a little fever and I asked a soup and a salad at the reception to hear back that the restaurant was closed and the management could not help us in any way. none of the hotel services was available because of a private party in the facilities. on top of that a sound system had been placed just under our room window. the receptionist was really rude and so was the owener, who finally showed up after one hour of arguments....in the end they cooked a soup and served the leftovers of the private party charging 25 euros on the room bill....all in all the service was a total failure and I would definitely not suggest this place if you are looking for relaxation and good treatment!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Giacomo C

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We arrived on August 15th late afternoon which is also a holiday in Italy. The charming lady at the reception explained us that there is gathering of locals arround the swimming pool having lunch. She openly invited us to join this event and enjoy the buffet. The way how this charming bunch of people accepted these 2 Belgians was great and we had a lovely time. The diner later on the evening on the top terrace with an amazing view, is sooo nice. The food was perfect, the fish was super! This is my second stay in this hotel combining business, but this time with my lovely wife, and I'm sure that I will be back and it will easy to convince wy wife joining me. A realy unique place and again the people were so helpfull and nice!

Room Tip: An amazing place
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2011

unfortunatley the hotel was undergoing building work while we were there and the pool was not in use--the hotel was quiet and thus we cannot comment on the evening meals as i did not fancy eating in a quiet restaurant--the staff were very kind,helpfull and efficient and the bedroom/bathroom out of this world

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2010

the whole family sitting in the car, so exciting about the vacation in southern italy, near rome, in a fantastic old palazzo hotel not far from the sea. everybody happy, laughing and motivated. more than 10 in the car, very hot and sunny weather, everybody starving and expecting the palazzo full of enthusiasm. but as soon as arrived, all the hopes destroyed. bedraggled and scruffy old building, kilometers away from the next house, not even one guest apart from us, restaurant closed though high season, unfriendly stuff and dark, desagreeable situation in an old forest without street lamps or any signs of human beings. after one night we left strange Rieti and got back home. what a bad holiday!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2010

It is a old palace converted in to a hotel and situated on the top of a hill approximately 2 km from the city. I was there in April 2009 when a very strong earth quake happend in Riety.
In the week days you will find more than 1-2 customer in the Hotel, but on the weekend it is always full. It has nice garden where one can sit and enjoy the nature.
Rooms are ok . No resturant in the hotel. You need to go to the city arround 2-3 km for your food.
If you are nature lover want to spend your time peacfully only then I would reccomend this hotel other wise avoid this hotel.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This is a very nice place. My room was large and overlooking the back or front.....I don't know which....the opposite side of the parking lot; overlooking the gardens and the hills. Breakfast is included and is generous and very fresh. The staff is extremely helpful and can speak enough English to get by. The annoying things were the location. It sits atop a hill and with no shuttle you are really trapped unless you have a car and a cast iron stomach to drive on the trecherous drive. I stayed five nights but had to move to a new hotel because I couldn't stand the isolation. the other thing was that I had to get a code every day for the restaurant and you are given a wall plugged ethernet bridge to set up in your room. It was pretty intimidating but in the end all it required was a plug into the wall on one end and into my computer on the other. I had to stop at the desk every day after work to get my code though. The restaurant is very good and the place has a fascinating history. If you have a car or don't mind isolation this is really a great place. There are cabs in the Rieti area but I used a car service that was great...Arduino's at 337-776690. Two of the three cars I used took credit cards so call ahead an check if you need to use one. It's too bad that the hotel doesn't have a shuttle or an established internet connection as these are the only things that are problematic in this lovely slice of Italy.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2008

The Villa Potenziani is situated on a hill above the town of Rieti. We arrived on a rainy night and were greeted warmly by the woman at the front desk. Our room was small but nicely decorated. There was a lack of seating and, as with most hotels, only one suitcase rack. The room and bathroom were clean but the pillows were on the firm side, for me. The first night was quiet but there was a wedding the second night. Our room was overlooking the parking lot and above the dining room/ballroom. The guests were not extremely loud but still it was a party. The owner was nice enough to move us to a different room at 11 pm, without charging us extra. The front desk staff speaks some English but the owner does not; we were lucky enough to be travelling with our Italian cousins who were able to explain our predicament so that it could be resolved. Apparently weddings, christenings, business meetings are the bread and butter for most hotels and villas so I would encourage a phone call to find out if any of those are scheduled. Breakfast was very nice, the usual continental choices. We had a nice dinner at the hotel the first night and delicious dinner at a very popular fish restaurant the next night in the Old Town.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family