“A wonderful small boutique hotel which caters to cyclists and sunlovers”
Review of Hotel Belvedere

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riccione
Hotel Belvedere
Ranked #1 of 291 Hotels in Riccione
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I discovered Hotel Belvedere in Riccione, Italy, through my cycling club. I just got into road cycling and decided to just go and meet some of the club members, who I have never met. There were about 5 of them.

My first time in Italy and I was just loving every moment of it. When I landed at Riccione, the hotel concierge was there to pick me up. Everyone, and I mean, everyone at the hotel was friendly, hospital, warm and accommodating.

The hotel is cute and very clean. Rooms are small but still I was there only to sleep. The BEST thing ever is the wonderful, wonderful spread they lay out for the guests. Breakfast, lunch, dinner ... excellent value for money and I say that because the bike tours are included in the package price. The bike leaders, male and female alike, are just knowledgeable and want to make sure you have a superb bike holiday. As I was a newbie cyclist, I went slow on the mountains, but Steve (he's the tour leader) came back for me making sure I was doing okay.

The spa is something else ... saunas are scented, they also have an ice bath and hot bath. Then they have a quiet room where you can just rest in a bathrobe while sipping on their wonderful fresh drinks.

I loved Hotel Belvedere so much and went back the following year, inviting 3 cycling friends with me. And they never ran out of words to say how great this hotel was. Marina, the owner, puts on the best events. This year, we had a seafood party by the beach ... amazing and delicious food, wonderful party, with lots of dancers who put on a show for us. Best time ever!!! And as if that was not enough, she opened her villa to us, where we had a bbq. Great way to have a break after a bike ride!

What more can I say? If you are a cyclist and you really want to experience being spoiled, go check out Hotel Belvedere. Their tours are amazing ... they have different levels! FYI, their panoramic tours (which are the beginners level) includes mountains, so do some training. I LOVE ITALY.... I LOVE HOTEL RICCIONE AND ALL ITS STAFF.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KathleenR_28

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had hear great things about the Belvedere Riccione from our cycling friends so my husband and I and another couple decided to vacation there for a week in October of 2012. The only thing we regret is not having booked a longer stay. Our gracious hostess Marina and her friendly staff made sure all our needs were catered to. This was a real vacation where we did not have to worry about anything, just enjoy ourselves. One pleasant surprise was that we were upgraded to a beautiful recently renovated junior suite room with balcony when we had booked a less expensive room. The cuisine was excellent, varied and abundant, using fresh local Italian ingredients and the chef was very flexible in accommodating special diets. Very decent complementary wines were served with the evening meal. Cycling-wise we were fitted with some of the best italian road bikes on the market (De Rosa) and an on-site mechanic took care of minor adjustments and repairs. Our guides were numero uno (number one) — special thanks to Paolo, Pepe and Iris. Our rides took us into the beautiful back country, onto quiet country roads, past farms and vineyards and to ancient hilltop villages. The cycling highlight of our trip was a 10 km climb to the Republic of San Marino with breathtaking views. After a day of cycling one could relax at the hotel’s spa, swim in the outdoor pool, or go on one of the many sightseeing excursions organized by the Hotel. All in all a perfect choice for a carefree cycling holiday!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia D
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Superb food, gracious hosts, friendly atmosphere. Bicylces were of very high quality. Spa was invigorating and welcoming at the end of the day. Only issue is that the scenary around this area of Italy is not as exciting as some other parts of the world and even of this country. However, as a cycling hotel it is the best we've been to.

Arnie Z

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

For starters, this was the best vacation I've ever taken. Everyone on the staff at this hotel knows how to keep their guests happy, happy, happy. The bike tours were fun,beautiful, challenging and many to pick from. The tour guides were accomodating and experienced riders. I want to thank Iris in particular for helping me back from one of my bike rides where I developed a painful back problem. That massage you scheduled for me was perfect. Guests must visit the spa several times. The food was delicious and plentiful, much variety. I never at so much in one week. The rooms spotless and the events and little surprises every day were wonderful; I don't want to say what they are and spoil all the fun. There are many things for non-bikers planned also. I usually do not like to go back to the same place twice, but I will make an exception for this hotel which I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DarleneO1
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The management and staff made our stay at The Belvedere a memorable experience. From our arrival at the railway station until our departure everyone bent over backwards to serve our every need. We felt like part of a huge, happy family.
The food was superb,-always beautifully presented and creative.
We were somewhat mystified by the review of the person who became ill and had to pay for transportation back to the hotel. We were on that same ride which we had been warned would include some very steep hills. Clearly, it was not a wise choice for anyone suffering from asthma. I believe that one should always take responsibility for oneself or suffer the consequences for poor choices. Launching an attack on the management for a situation beyond its' control is extremely unfair.
The Belvedere is a very special place which we would highly recommend to anyone.
Rose D
.Lions Bay.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

In a word, this hotel was superb. Everything about the hotel was great. Start with the staff, they were very attentive, and if presented with a problem, their response was "how can we fix it". The food was abundant, varied and delicious. It was always presented in a very appealing way.
The biking program was the best. There were guided rides every day, with multiple levels to fit every biking ability. The rides took us to places we would not be able to find on our own. The guides were very supportive and encouraging.
Then there is the spa, included in the price. It has a sauna, steam room, salt water quiet room, ice bath and rest area. Who could ask for more.

3  Thank howard s
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wonderful 2 weeks of cycling at the Belvedere. This was our fourth visit to the Belvedere and we will definitely be returning for more cycling holidays in the future. Our holidays here have been outstanding every time! The staff work very hard to make all aspects of the stay fun, safe and exciting. The food is always wonderful and plentiful. The rooms are very modern and spotlessly clean. We like the rooms facing the sea. The hotel is a very short block from the sea, making for a lovely beach walk each day after the incredible ride and lunch that awaits us upon our return from the ride. Marina and all of her staff provide many special events each week in addition to the cycling - parties, barbeques at Marina's summer home and at vineyards, cooking lessons, Italian lessons, trips to markets, trips to farms that produce olive oil, cheese etc.etc. The guides are wonderful! They are all VERY experienced cyclists and they take us on beautiful, challenging, exciting rides every day - geared to several different levels of riding ability. They take care of us. The spa and spa services are awesome. We highly recommend the Belvedere to all.

1  Thank Jamie N