“Belvedere cant be beat”
Review of Hotel Belvedere

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riccione
Hotel Belvedere
Ranked #1 of 291 Hotels in Riccione
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Ive been to Marina's hote Belvedere twice. only to now have a third trip booked for the spring of 2012.
Ive brought bus loads of friends and colleagues over, so I feel its my reputation riding on Marina's shoulsder as well.
She will npot disappoint. Everyone returns raving about the service, the food, the great location, the guides, the theme parties, the trips to her country house, the care... etc etc.... it cant be beat.

We love what Marina does for her guests, and her staff are so supportive of all her wishes, that we feel the sincerity of care from the moment we arrive. Do yourself a favour. Book into the Belevedere, and be pampered!
Greg Manbeck

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank GregManbeck
There are newer reviews for Hotel Belvedere

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I was first introduced to the Belvedere in 2008 and have been returning to the hotel 2 times a year since for cycling, summer holidays and business travel. I have experienced other bike hotels in Riccione and this hotel is one of the best hotels by far. The guides specifically Felice, Carl, Ian and Danilo were wonderful and provided a great week of riding. Each year the hotel gets better and better.. the rooms are lovely, the food is great and the owners and staff are beyond compare. The Belvedere is my home away from home and I will be returning again in April 2012.

Room Tip: the glamour rooms are great..
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2011

It was not my first time in the hotel. I was here a few times before in the past and always enjoyed but must state that it is just keeping up with the highest levels of expectation. I really thought my last review told most of the place but had the chance to read some other reviews and I have to add some info regarding the riding groups. I'm a good cyclist I believe. I can cycle fast and have no problems to do it day after day for long hours. If the fastest group isn't comprised of only Elite/Ex pros I can certainly be there. It was only in my last visit to the hotel though that I allowed myself to join a very long and hard ride (Carpegna) and enjoyed every moment of it. Yes, I could have probably done it before, especially after doing it and seeing how some of the other cyclists who joined the fast groups looked like during that ride. The guides were great and even though we had to be back for the BBQ on time we managed to wait for the slower cyclists (they always try to!) and be back as one group on time. I do have to say people: yes, it is a vacation and not a race. Yes, we all want to enjoy while riding but be serious, one can not jump to the fast groups if he does not belong there! That ruins everything for everybody including for themselves (usually). And yes, sometime for the sake of everybody the guyds need to tell the people they don't belong to a certain group. It is true though that if faster guys go down to a slower group to enjoy, relax, recover or be with their friends it is expected from them and the guides to keep with the intended pace and not to go over it. I assume that if a guy is a skier and goes for a Club Med vacation for example and he is like a 2B level he will not go with his friends who go "competing" in 3Racing, that wouldn't be smart too. After all usually people know their place and it is no surprise to read the remarkable reviews about this amazing hotel, they do know how to run it for EVERY cyclist and they do so successfully for a very long time!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The hotel Belvedere is a top notch cycling destination. The service in both the hotel and on the road with the guides is unbeatable. They offer several different rides daily that range from beginner to hard core. I've forged great relationships with several of the staff to the point that they have come to the U.S. to visit! It is an incredible value with superior cycling that is only outdone by the worldclass food! Bravo to Hotel Belvedere!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I’d like to quote a Canadian friend who said “I have stopped telling my friends about this place because if they knew about it there would be no space left for me”.
This is Italy and Italian hospitality at its absolute best. Perfect food, beautiful surroundings, great entertainment, excellent rooms and personnel unlike any we have ever met anywhere in the world.
For bicycle fanatics Italy is heaven and the Belvedere is at the absolute top. Organized trips and competitions with highly professional and extremely friendly guides make every day something to remember.
During two stays this year we have had some of the best bicycle trips we ever had.
The first thing you do when you get back is starting to plan the next trip. We have already booked a long stay at Easter 2012.

Room Tip: Indulge yourself; book a Glamour Room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Good hotel managed by the owner who is dedicated to making your stay as relaxing as possible. Nothing is too much for her or her staff.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I was skeptical of the great reviews.....now, don't get me wrong. The hotel is fabulous and the hotel staff, accomodating. But I wasn't there for the spa.... I wanted to cycle! As you may have read, groups are divided by speed, and here is the crux of the problem. If there isn't a 'fast' group one day, the fast riders move down a group...You would think the ride would slow down to the level of the existing riders of that group, but that wasn't the case....for several rides...mid ride, some friends and I were literally thrown off the ride, and had to wait or go with a slower group, which would soon show up. On a 'riders choice' day, we were so looking forward to a wonderful, long ride, which was done earlier in the week, by the fast group...which of course, we couldn't be part of, which made sense. We were under the impression that this ride, while long, would be slower, but once again, since the fast riders signed up for it, and for some reason, waiting for others, wasn't an option, or suggested of them, we were humiliated off the ride. I'm an average rider at 23km/hr, and on several of our rides, we waited a considerable time for slower riders, (18km/hr....maybe?!) who either failed to go in a slower group, or wanted to ride with their friends, in the faster group. No big deal, once or twice...but when it kept happening, it was frustrating, since our rides were always very short. Yet in the group one up from that, (which was supposed to be a mid paced group), the faster riders and the guide refused to wait!
Was this a guide problem, or did the orders come from higher up, threatening to be back by lunch?! We'll never know, since the owner, seeing how upset we were, never bothered to ask us what happened. We know she asked the guide, because other riders came back to us with a twisted story the guide had told them, about why we suddenly disappeared off of this one ride. The lesson here, is find out what happens at a bike hotel, if your riding level is in between groups. How can they accomodate you? The other option is to take a map, (we were never offered maps and the guide didn't have one), but I wouldn't feel safe riding on my own, where I don't know the language and 'round a bouts' and mountains, make riding dangerous. Overall, it was truly disappointing to be in another country and have to limit my exposure to the vast surroundings.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends