“Magnificent as ever”
Review of Hotel Belvedere

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riccione
Hotel Belvedere
Ranked #1 of 291 Hotels in Riccione
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Our annual pilgrimage to the Belvedere was as enjoyable as ever.

I have only been back home four days and am already thinking of next years visit. It is always difficult to improve on something that is already great but this year the bedrooms have been refurbished (certainly the room we were in) in a stylish "Marina way".

Food as ever was exceptional and the friendly staff (many of whom remember you from previous visits) were as friendly as ever. This was also our first experience of the "beach party" which was carried off in true Belvedere style.

Marvellous and roll on 2012.

Ciao !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were there for a long weekend and we enjoyed the cosy atmosphere, the friendly staff, the courtesy and the kindness of the receptionist and the sweetness of Fiona, the hotel dog!!
We'll be back soon

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Have just returned back from our 5th visit to the Belvedere, an amazing hotel with fanastic staff, its like home but alot more glamourous. my husband cycles so its perfect for him, great guides, rides, food, and vino. the beach is right across the road and the town has great shops from beachy to high end. we take our son who loves it. Every year he celebrates his birthday there and a party, cake and bubbly is always put on for him and us. We are returning in September for my husband to complete a cycle challenge while i will be relaxing by a great pool with glass of prosecco. Jodie,Warren and Max

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank hatfield15
Reviewed August 3, 2011

As a active family living in London we travel a lot and it is usually to ski, hike or cycle. We have been visiting the Belvedere for the last 5 years and will continue staying there in the future. Marina and her staff are the life and soul of the hotel and bring such a wonderful ambience and most of all a lot of fun for the adults and kids a like. We stay in the beautifully decorated family suites. The food is absolutely delicious and the spa is a great way to relax after a ride in the surrounding countryside. Highly recommend for the cycling enthusiasts.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The owner and her staff CARE! They provide a friendly, homy, but yet professional service. The entire Hotel is spotless, the beds and rooms are very comfortable, the food is DIVINE, always fresh made of local products, loads of Seafood which we love. The Happy Hour is a MUST, you get to meet the other guests and create lasting ties. The cycling tours are well organized and permits you to roam through Emilia-Romagna's lovely scenery while working you muscles. We will definitely go back. Michèle and Vito

Room Tip: We had a corner room and loved it. It offered a side window and a veranda door giving on a quaint po...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mimilego
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family of 5 (3 kids aged 10, 5 and 2) recently returned from a few days at the Hotel Belvedere and it was amazing. Given the all the other comments, it led us to believe that it is a hotel that is focused mainly around bike trips. That can't be further from the truth - this is a wonderful hotel for families who want a beach holiday. Marina, the owner, was very warm and welcoming - this is a great place!

When we pulled up to the hotel, we were greeted like family by all the staff at the hotel. Drinks were brought to my husband and I and our three children were whisked away by the wonderful kids staff, led by Judith, to the garden to play with all the other children staying at the hotel. My husband and I had a quiet dinner by the pool and the kids had a ball making pizza and playing all sorts of games. We had to pry them out of there at 10:00pm. We were so impressed with the way they entertained the kids over the few days - it is a service at the hotel that we didn't even know existed when we made our reservation. But this really made for a very fun time for the kids - all day long they had the choice to join in with the staff and other kids or stay with us.

The service at the hotel was exceptional and the food was excellent. We had breakfast and dinner included in our room rate and that included wine with dinner. The staff was always around and available. The rooms are very modern and clean - the decor is beautiful. Everything is just outside the doors of the hotel - the beach, the shops, the cafes, etc.

The town of Riccione is a really special place - it is a very family-friendly place with everything fun you could imagine for kids. The beach is very big, with walking paths and bike paths. There is a "fun zone" at the top of each beach with a play area for the kids. At night, the beach road becomes a pedestrian walkway with shops and cafes. There are water parks, carnival/amusement park and an aquarium in town.

We loved the Hotel Belvedere and Riccione and hope to return again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank slsn18
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I spent a week with this hotel as the base for daily bike tours of the surrounding area. I had stayed at other "bike hotels" in Riccione and other parts of Italy on other trips. I decided to try the Belvedere because of its reputation for good food. I had also heard that they had good English speaking staff, which was important for my riding companion.

The hotel's reputation for food and English was well deserved. The food was very plentiful and well prepared. And most of the staff spoke fluent English. Other pluses included:

Helpful, knowledgable bike touring guides.
A comfortable spa
Modern, clean, and safe environment.

The negatives would be:

Very small rooms. The deluxe room might be ok for couple but was uncomfortable tor two guys.

Condition of rental bikes. We both requested top end rental bikes and submitted our bike dimensions two months in advance. In spite of this, the bikes they prepared for us didn't fit. The substitute I received required lots of additional work to make it safe to ride. I wasted two days of riding because of this. I believe this is the result of the lack of adequate staffing of the bike rental and maintenance for the hotel. If I ever return, I will bring my own bike, as difficult as that is.

Lack of beach. Although just two blocks from the beach, I felt like I was in an Italian suburb.

From a personal perspective, I would also recommend making an effort to get away from the hotel, both for riding and socializing. Otherwise, it is possible to spend the week feeling like I hadn't really been to Italy. Its a very cocooned environment.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NorCalBiker
HtlBelvedereRiccione, Owner at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Dear Guest,

I’m happy that the Belvedere’s good reputation is what brought you to us and I’m pleased that what they say about the food corresponds to the reality you found and this, together with our guides’ competence, the comfortable Spa and the modern, clean and safe environment satisfied your expectations.

With regards to your room, I’m sorry that you did not find it adequately comfortable. It is true that the American standard is much bigger than the Italian one and we try to compensate this with our attention to detail and the style and design of the room in order to give our guests a pleasurable and welcoming atmosphere. And above all, that the functionality and practicality of the room is impeccable i.e. quiet air conditioning, comfortable mattress and soft, precious linen, modern and practical bathroom.

I’m extremely sorry about your comments regarding the rental bike. We have a fleet of over 50 road bikes among which are some of the best carbon models and I admit that sometimes we find some difficulty is assigning the right size of bike according to the measurements communicated to us by our guests, which are not always correct. And some of the models of bike have very limited flexibility in sizing due to their particular design and integrated seat posts.

However in these rare cases, if the bike is not of a perfect fit, we ask a local bike shop to provide a substitute of Italian make and of equally high quality. If our Technical Assistant did not carry out his job as he should have done then I must sincerely apologize for this but I am happy that the problem was resolved in the end and that you were able to enjoy yourself together with our guides in our wonderful hinterland.

What really upsets me regarding your comments is that you describe the Hotel as ‘not very Italian’. I’m sorry about this because I pride myself in offering ‘made in Italy’ hospitality: Italian design, Italian food and wines, Italian culture and traditions such as the pre-dinner Italian Aperitivo. We even offer Italian cookery lessons and Italian lessons to our guests, which I’m sure you will have seen taking place in the hotel during your stay in May. Lessons that are open to everyone, and completely free of charge.

I’ve thought a lot about your comments and I’ve come to this conclusion: in May the hotel is not frequented by Italian guests but rather people who come from all over the world and that have a common interest: the passion for cycling and also for Italy.

Many of them come year after year, they bring friends and the Belvedere becomes like a typical Italian town square where people meet these people, who speak different languages, become friends, finding a cosmopolitan and friendly atmosphere.

I’m sorry that all of this made my hotel seems not very Italian but I understand that you would have maybe preferred a holiday in Italy surrounded by Italian guests.
For this reason I recommend returning during the month of June, when there are fewer cyclists (yet all the bike services are still active) so you can mingle with the Italians, see Italian families with children who choose the Belvedere for their annual beach holiday, spending time by the pool, drinking Prosecco and chatting loudly with many hand gestures just as we Italians do. During that time, on the palm tree-lined road where the Belvedere stands, you will see Italians strolling up and down while they eat an ice cream and chat, with Italian music in the background and children playing and laughing together. It’s also a beautiful time to spend a holiday because you have time after the tour to spend an afternoon by the sea.

On my part, dear guest, what I can say is that a whole new world opened up before me when, 10 years ago, I decided to specialize, during the spring and autumn seasons, in holidays for cycling lovers. And from countries as far away as the USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, Scandinavia and of course the UK and Northern Europe, lots of wonderful people arrived and continue to arrive. I rediscovered the beautiful hinterland around us, inserted people of different nationalities into my team of staff, who have now become members of my family, and I’m proud to bring Italy to the dinner table and, above all, I feel proud to know that throughout the world I have so many people who have happy memories of holidays spent here with us, as I think you do too.

Thank you for having given us a rating of 4 dots and I hope that you and your friend will return to the Belvedere as guests in the future.

Heartfelt thanks